Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Research Night

Planning a free & easy trip isn't as 'easy' as it sounds when you have a budget to stick to. Of course, you can close one eye and just pay your way through, but that's not what Tex and I prefer. We like to have the most bangs out of our bucks so we take time to do our research and make sure that we get the most value for our money, in terms of air fares, accomodation options and the itineraries.

But of course, a planned itinerary is anything but merely a guideline to your trip. We leave about 20% of the trip unplanned for impromptu decision-making, which more than not, can become the most interesting aspect of your holiday!

It's the spontaneity in us that leaves us highly unsuitable for group tours. We love to just walk around and explore. Even if we get lost, any place we end up in is a new place for us. There will always be something for you to see, hear, learn and derive.

I've never been more grateful to Life and Providence for blessing me with a healthy body and ability to travel. It dawned upon me that I am truly truly blessed to be able to do this at a young age. There is so much more to life than just wars, cars, materialism that you cannot bring with you to your death. I will carry my life experiences and memories to my grave and bring all with me as how I have entered this world.

So sombre. Haha.

Hanging out at a cafe near my house is quite a bliss.

Another couple just like us


'I Can't Decide' Platter, Dory Fish sandwich and our favourite Azuki Chiffon Cake!

And now we're halfway into our itinerary planning. Tex is really good at sourcing quirky accomodations and attractions that he suggest we should visit, which leaves me quite nothing to be good at. :X

Nah, I'm quite good at time management planning right down to the last five minutes. I decide the time that we should spend at each attraction and duration of travelling that we need for each leg of the trip.

Tex has this pet peeve that we should do accounting each night, which can be super irritating when I just want to conk on the bed and sleep. However, it's exactly because of this peeve that he keeps our budget on track and that also explains why I save lesser than him. LOLOLOL!

Keep travelling, keep searching, keep living. We travel because we innately know there is some other place in this world, that will embrace us with big open arms, just like Singapore did to our foreign counterparts. Sadly, this place does not entice us anymore.

Travel because you crave for knowledge. Travel because you are dissatisfied with what your hometown has to offer. Travel because there are so many cultures in the world that engulfs you. Travel because you find your raw instincts working for you when you are in an umfamiliar place.

I will die a poor but happy traveler.

No comments:

Post a Comment