Tex came to stay over for the night! We got hungry and decided to fry some eggs. I remember I had a cutter that I got from Daiso in the shape of a heart so we put it to good use. And because egg yolks have more calories than egg whites, Tex offered to eat them! I am not a big fan of egg yolks either. But salted egg yolk is a different story, excuse me. *Cough cough*
| Egg yolks for the man! |
Anyway, has anyone had raw egg yolk mixed in Milo before? I recall my cousin used to take that weird concoction before exams. Seems to help with mental strength or something.
| Egg white for me! Mixed in some yolk cos my egg cracking skill is not good enough. Need to play more Cooking Mama! Hahaha! |
| Did you know?! |
Next day, we wanted to have lunch at Fat Boys but when we were changing buses at Novena Ville, The Vines Seafood & Steak Restaurant caught my eye! Decided to have that for lunch!
| Ribeye Steak, Minestrone Soup, Garlic bread and cake |
All of the above and a cup of tea/coffee cost only $13.80++! Quite affordable for a weekend lunch, if I may say so. Set lunches are available daily! Food was alright but not the best. However, if you're looking for something value-for-money to fill your stomach, this might be a good source! I might be back to try their other steaks!
We were there at 11:30AM and it was still quite empty. However, people started streaming in at 12:15PM onwards and even formed queues! Initially wanted to stay and do more research on our trip but decided to give up our seats, seeing that the restaurant was really quite packed. I would suggest you go early! :) Another Hainanese-Western restaurant found. Score!
The Vines Seafood & Steak Restaurant
275 Thomson Road
Singapore 307645
6255 2838
Tex brought me to ArtScience Museum for the Harry Potter Exhibition! Queued for tickets for a while before we got the admission at 3:00PM. There are hourly entrances but no time limit on the duration that you stay inside the exihibition. Reason for the hourly entrances is because they wanted to treat the museum goers as "first-years" as a group and bring us to the Hogwarts Express!
Singapore citizens enjoy a discount of $4 hence the admission fee was $20 per person! No further discount with PAssion card or any credit cards. :(
| Bring your IC! |
| The enchanted car that Ron drove |
| Oh hello. |
| Proud to say that I watched EVERY movie in the theatres!!! |
| Hello Mandrakes! |
You would be able to pull them manually! One of the interactive exhibitions that they provided. We even played Quidditch! Okay, by that I mean, threw the Quaffle through the three hoops erected for public to enjoy!
| Quidditch robes! |
No photography was allowed in the exhibition but I managed to sneak in some shots. Here's Tex admiring their leather gloves. He has a fetish for gloves, I tell you.
All in all I thought the exhibition has nothing much to rave about. They displayed mainly costumes and props that were used in the movies. The souvenir shops even sold merchandises and replicas of the wands of the famous characters. The prices for these items were horrendous - one wand for SGD$70! What madness. Didn't even purchase Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Bean as they were sold at SGD$6 for one small box. Though the flavours were rather interesting - like Grass, Sausage, Vomit, Black Pepper, Ear Wax etc. Don't think I'd be happy to eat Vomit though. Would love to try Ear Wax. Hahaha!
Cha!
No comments:
Post a Comment