Made a reservation at 10.30am and there was only a couple in the restaurant when we arrived. Coincidentally we bumped into Tex's colleague, Liren, who was there to have his birthday brunch with his fiancee! Yes, it was his birthday that day! =)
Here's the spread:
| Bacon Frittata, Rustic Sauteed Vegetables, French Toast, Italian Herb Roasted Chicken |
| Spaghetti with Pork Ragu, Penne Carbonara, Baked Hash Brown Potatoes, Cold Cuts with Mesclun |
Are you salivating yet? I know I am. It costs $18.23++ per person! Why such a weird pricing, I hear you ask. I guess it's related to their history or something, I'm not sure. Too hungry to ask. Hee.
| You jelly? |
Oh, and one thing I would like to recommend was their Iced Lemon Tea! No photos of it cos I downed one jug. Okay, we shared. But it was sooooooo good.
Rubato Modern Italian Trattoria
3 Clover Way
Singapore 579078
6252 3200
| Wah, mad love MAC blusher - Light Year *.* |
| Pardon my gummy smile but I thought I looked really happy here =D |
Tex always say that I have a goofy smile. I think it's true. Sad max.
| Me and you, just us two. |
| "Who, when being loved, is poor?" - Oscar Wilde |
We strolled on in the afternoon, enjoying each other's company when we reached Armenian Street and decided to check out the Peranakan Museum. Admission is only $3 per person (normal-priced tickets are $6) with Passion Card discount! I swear by the Passion Card, I tell you. $12 for 5-year application and it acts as an EZ-link card, gives you discounts for movie tickets at Shaw and Cathay. I think I have easily saved $100 for the one year that I have owned this card.
Well, if you don't own a Passion Card, you can swing by after work on Fridays from 7pm to 9pm! Admission for this time-frame is $3 too! :)
| 男女授受不親 |
| Marveling at the art of my ancestors |
| Such a beautiful piece. |
The beaded piece that you see above? It's a table cloth. A TABLE CLOTH. Painstakingly hand-sewn on by the Nyonyas of the past. I have beaded shoes templates that my granny gave to me when I was younger but this wins hands down. I've never seen anything like it before.
Speaking of which, as I'm reminded of my beaded shoes template. Maybe I can send them to a cobbler to make new shoes already? Now that I'm grown up? Right????? HEHEHEHE.
Oh, in the exhibition area, they showcased a Peranakan funeral altar with a full-sized coffin in there. Although they did set up signs that warn parents of the visual discussion about death, I still got a little hesitant about viewing the display. I'm quite terrified of these morbid things but they piqued my curiosity to the maxxxxxxx. Everytime I attend a wake or watch documentaries discussing about death, I would have a terrible terrible sleepless night.
No doubt, I had a crazy sleepless night that very night. :S The last time I watched Wong Li Lin's Unexpected Access where the episode was about body embalming, I had panda eyes the next day and still thought about the body dayyyy annnndddd nighttttt.
But it's not like there isn't a cure to it, I just need to hold someone's hand to sleep and I'll be fine. Catch is, I SLEEP ALONE. T.T
Tex had a crazy craving for Filipino food so we took a bus to Lucky Plaza! Turned out that the food was sooooooo oily and disgusting, I had to stop myself from vomitting. I think it's just that stall that we bought from. The food in Boracay and Manila was soooo good! I even had a balut and didn't vomit okay! Plus it was so crowded and many bapoks were burping around, hai. Well, our fault for deciding to visit Lucky Plaza on a SUNDAY.
| So oily, I don't even! |
After that meal, we had to head to our favourite cafe in the city - Provence, to wash our tummies with hot tea and coffee. And a lil' cheese bun, heh.
| CB! Hahahaha! |
| Awww, Tex knows me and my coffee habits sooooo well. |
Anyway, it's the eve of my birthday today! :) Looking forward to a short getaway with Tex and my parents to visit my sister who resides in Malacca! :)))

No comments:
Post a Comment