Day 6: Busselton, Dunsborough
It was a Monday. We woke up bright and early, all ready to set off down south! Also, the start of boring driving for OTS. Haha, I slept away for most of the journey because we watched a DVD the night before, I think. Having been to Busselton a few weeks before that, he was quite familiar with the roads..
Alot of
After three hours of driving, we reached Busselton! Yay!
1.jpg)
And I woke up at this point, hurhur.
What else to visit in Busselton? We can't skip the infamous tourist attraction, Busselton Jetty, the longest wooden bridge constructed in the Southern Hemisphere, which measures at two kilometres long. A second pretty Australian beach I've seen within the first week.
Why are their waters so clear? Sigh
My mother clutching her sunhat dearly.. for fear of it being blown away!And we embarked on our journey! A total walking distance of about four kilometres to and fro. It was still sunny when we started and when we barely walked half the distance, it started to get very cloudy and finally rained when we reached a stopover in the middle of the bridge. We had no choice but to seek refuge and solace under the so-small wooden hut. Then my dad decided to give up! So after the shower of rain, he started walking back!
4.jpg)
Because real survivors don't give up on finishing the Busselton Jetty
My mother, OTS and I continued after the rain and when we reached the end of the bridge, it started raining heavily again! We looked back and saw that it was completely sunny over at the shore.
What the hell.
So we stayed at the souvenir shop and walked around and sat around, waiting for the rain to stop. Turns out that below the shop, is an underwater attraction for tourists who are interested in viewing underwater scenes!
The rain stopped and we started walking back! I'm so amazed by my mother. She had so much perserverance to finish the walk. I was about to give up but we all don't have a choice but to finish it! Couple that with the sudden showers of rain that caught us unaware!
We are the heroes!!! We have completed 4km of walking!!
After so much walking, we were famished!! We found a restaurant and had lunch there. If I don't remember wrongly, the boss there was quite rude and she insisted on everyone having a salad bowl because it was buffet style and we only ordered three bowls for five people.
6.jpg)
I liked the Guinness Shepherd's Pie! If only the boss wasn't so nasty I would have published the restaurant's name!
Then we drove for half an hour to another town called Dunsborough! We dropped the old folks to Coles supermarket to buy groceries needed for the BBQ dinner that night and OTS and I went to check in at the cottage where we would be staying for the next two nights.
The cottage was very well equipped with 2 bedrooms (a queen-sized bed and a full wardrobe each), a loft (where OTS and I slept in), a kitchen with a stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, baking oven, dishwasher, island counter and full of utensils and cutlery, a large living room with books and boardgames, a fireplace and a gas BBQ stove! And the plus point is, Dunsborough Beach is just fifty metres away from the cottage!
Very homely!While the old folks rested in their rooms, OTS and I brought out the groceries they bought and started the preparation work for the BBQ dinner. We marinated the meat and chopped onions and garlic and brought everything outside for alfresco dining! Haha! My dad then woke up and started cooking on the gas BBQ pit. Before we knew it, the two men were at the stove busying themselves with the grilling. We were just waiting to eat! Hurhur.
Very very tasty dinner! My favourite for the day was the sambal chicken that I marinated. =PAfter dinner, OTS and I walked out to the beach, hoping to catch the sunset! It was quite cold and I was wearing shorts! Brrrrr.
Couldn't see any so we took some pictures.. maybe we came out too late?
Then we walked back and played some board games! I kept losing to OTS! He's damn good at Dumb and Othello lar!
Dad 'duelling' with Aunty Susan.. I think he won in the end.
That's all for our first day in Busselton and Dunsborough! The next day we would be heading down to Margaret River for some chocolates and wine-tasting! Yippee!! Stay.... tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment