Day 15: Albany
We set off at 9am, with a car full of clothes, groceries, camping equipment, pillows, blankets, food and water, all ready to start our five-day road trip!
During a stopover at a petrol station, my menses came! What a bummer. That also meant that I could not go swimming in Esperance! However, OTS was really very nice and attentive throughout the whole trip.. Never had a fun-ner road trip than this!
After travelling what seemed like 300km down south, the weather got colder and wetter so all the pictures you see of Albany are more or less gloomy. My face is gloomy too as I slept the journey away when I promised him that I would stay awake and talk to him while he drove. =(
.jpg)
The windscreen and the front bumper are full of dead bugs, who smashed themselves to death when the car is moving at a high speed. Meaning, they were flying around when the car moved past them and 'plat!' they died on the spot.
After checking in Albany Discovery Inn, he drove me to Albany Wind Farm.
We ran towards the windmills and stood under one directly. He asked me to look up, and man, I could see the blades swinging directly down at me. It all seemed to freaking close like I was going to be spilt into two! And the swishing of the winds was all so deafening!
Look at the bottom right picture and imagine the blades turning towards you and you will know what I meanThe wind was so strong that even I felt like I was being blown away. ME LEH! I SO FAT ONE! I ALSO FELT LIKE I WAS BEING BLOWN AWAY LEH!
Standing on top and looking down.. ALMOST FELL WHEN TAKING THIS PHOTO
So we left Albany Wind Farm reluctantly and proceeded to the next stop -- The Gap. Waves relentlessly hit on the rocks weathering and eroding them, forming a huge gap between the two sides of the rocks.
2.jpg)
俗话说:滴水能穿石 meaning, dripping water can penetrate through rocks, signifying perseverance
Trekking over to the right side, we came to The Natural Bridge, where the name explains it all. It was so breathtaking, I FORGOT ALL ABOUT MY MENSES CRAMPS!!
There have been people who tried to walk to and stand on the bridge and have fallen to their deaths because the surfaces of the rocks were very slipperySelf-explanatory
Actually my legs very sourWe left the landscape and went down the hill. Passed by a very very very huge winestore!
We got a bottle of champagne for only AUD$7Drove to another park and parked the car before climbing yet another long staircase! I think I did so much climbing that day that I could offset the days I didn't exercise at all. Haha!
6.jpg)
Is it again the same island leh?
We went back to our room at Albany Discovery Inn after such a loooonngg day of driving. Although I wasn't the one who drove, but also quite exhausting okay! OTS was soooo sweet, you know, he waited outside the communal toilet to wait for me to shower because he knew I was kind of scared of dark/huge toilets that I wasn't accustomed to. I know, I'm weird right.
7.jpg)
Our housestay for the night.. please don't mind the bra, I was packing
We head off the next day to Esperance!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment