Hi guys! Just to show you the loft we stayed at Dunsborough Beach Cottages!
That's his bed
This is mine and we share a bean bag at the foot of our beds
The sunset or sunrise?
Day 8: Dunsborough, Mandurah, Singleton
My parents' turn to make breakfast for us!!
It was the day to check out of the cottage! I actually liked the place alot.. very homely! I woke up to clear blue sky everyday, with the sun shining in.
The front view of the cottage
We stayed behind in the cottage to pack our belongings while my parents went off to the beachside to pa-tor! Hurhur, they thought we were checking out at 12pm and had alot of time but we were supposed to check out at 10am! So we packed everything and waited for them to come back and shower before leaving the cottage. =(
19.jpg)
Extremely low tide in the morning
The previous night, OTS and I went for a night stroll after dinner and he showed me the place by the shore where he slept over in his car on his previous trip and caught the sunrise. I thought it would and should be really pretty in the day, with sunlight and all. So the next day, after we checked out of the cottage, we drove the old folks over to that place and man, it was beautiful!
Aren't the colours of the ocean gorgeous?
Saturated some of the photos.. they would have looked like that if they were in magazinesOur first stop of the day -- Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse. It looks like a very short lighthouse, but it is already standing on a hill, with oceans all round on three sides. There was a tourguide explaining the history of the lighthouse (it is still in operation up till today). Very windy up there. It was a complex feeling. I looked far out into the ocean and was a little scared by the height but I looked back straight down and realised that I was only two storeys up on the hill. Haha. Read more about it here.
21.jpg)
First lighthouse I have ever been to. So suaku.
22.jpg)
A classic spot for classic photo-taking
Next stop before lunch, Simmo's Ice Creamery!!!! Yes, the place I was most excited about! They have flavours like Liquorice, Honeycomb, Strawberry Cointreau Cheesecake, Blood Orange Sherbet, Ferrero Rocher, Brandy Egg Nogg, Caramel Malteser, Apple Pie, Bubblegum, Mascrapone and Fig, Pecan Crunch and Whisky Prune!
Yummy yummy yummy!!!And they have goats and emus at the back of the factory. There was a sign that said 'Beware -- Do Not Feed Your Ice-Creams To The Emus' and another that said 'Ice Cream-Eating Emus'. An angmoh put the sign to the test when he stuck his daughter's ice cream out and hover it near the emu's face, when the next second, the emu stretches its neck so goddamn long through the wire fence, and halved the cone in just one bite. I screamed. The sign meant it, I think.
Ice cream-eating emu.
We left the ice creamery and got into the car before I realised -- where the fuck is my bag?! I looked at my dad (he was supposed to take care of it when I went to order the ice creams) and he gave me a blur look. I rushed back into the cafe and thank gawd the cashier kept my bag for me. Apparently she recognised OTS as he had been there a few months ago and knew that I was his girlfriend and kept my bag for me. I think my balls shrunk when I realised that my bag wasn't around. My passport, I/C, DS Lite, keys and all my Aussie dollars were in there! It would then be like January 2007 all over again! =(
Traffic policemen stopping over for ice-cream too.. their bikes were STs as well. No wonder my dad forgot all about my bag and left it in the cafe!!
Drove on for two hours and we reached Mandurah, where we stopped over to have lunch.
24.jpg)
Why is it that everywhere you stop over in Perth, there would be such pretty sceneries with clear blue skies?
Look at the way he carried my bag! Like a backpack! -__-
Before arriving back in Perth again, another stopover at Singleton to check on the land that the Ong family has.
25.jpg)
What a nice wavy beach that the land is facing!
A big thank you for following my Perth trip updates until now! There's more to come, we would be going to The Pinnacles Desert and have some fun with sandboarding soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment