Day 7: Margaret River, Dunsborough
After a hearty breakfast, we set off to Margaret River, famous for its wineries!
Homemade grilled potatoes becomes a favourite during the trip
After driving for approximately half an hour, we arrived at Laurence Cellar. We were first attracted by its huge fountain at the gate.
Driving further in, we stopped by to take some photos of the vineyard. It wasn't very big, but they had a very beautiful garden full of flowers!! OTS then went to order a round of wine-tasting set and I thought that the olive oil was very nice and the white wine tasted like dessert wine, very sweet.
9.jpg)
I have to say that the bottom left picture looks like a magazine shot hur
That's my dad in the background
Oh, when we went to the garden to take photos, I realised that my ex-boyfriend's family was there too! I could recognise his whole family but I was surprised to see that his grandmother now sits in a wheelchair. Then we got his mother's boyfriend, an ang moh, to take a photo for us.
10.jpg)
Nice big flower on my head! Disclaimer: I did not pluck it. 路边的野花不要采.
A sprawling attempt by OTS by sprawling on the grass
I like the fact that a bee was really beside the flower
Good enough for a wallpaper material yet?
Our next stop was the caves! We asked the advice of the lady working at the petrol station and she said that the three caves (Lake Cave, Jewel Cave and Mammoth Cave) are pretty much the same. 'If you've seen one, you've seen all'. So we chose Mammoth Cave! =)
It was chilly in the cave! And I had my headphones on in all the photos partly to keep my ears warm hahaThe long winding stairs and paths made me a little breathless! I guess this is when you need your constant dosage of exercise or steroids.
12.jpg)
Pathway leading to the exterior of the cave
13.jpg)
They are so sharp and they look like they're gonna drop anytime and pierce me
Then we went to The Margaret River Chocolate Factory! Lots and lots of chocolate tasting!! My mother bought alot of chocolates and she finally realised that she loves dark chocolate the most.
14.jpg)
Sampling and more sampling!
Next to the Chocolate Factory is, The Providore, where all kinds of jams are sold. There's strawberry, blackcurrant, mango, olives, orange and even tomatoes.
15.jpg)
Wide variety of salad mixes and jams
And to fulfil his promise, OTS brought me to a soap factory!!!!!!! Presenting to you, the Natural Olive Soap Factory!! You can see them making soaps, cutting them up and then packaging it! OTS got me a Lavender & Chamomile bar while he got himself a Spearmint one. I know, weird right.
Soaps cut into very small pieces for sampling (a personal favourite, hehe)Then it was back to our cottage for a rest after having been out for a whole day! Seeing the wonderful sun and weather, OTS and I went out to the beach for a dip!
Saw huge schools of fishes at the further part of the ocean where there were many many many seaweedsI love Dunsborough Beach. It is the calming kind with small gentle waves and very very soothing to just sit on the shore and stare out at the ocean.
Another wonderful trip to the beachFor the second night in a row, we tried to catch the sunset because OTS heard from a guy that the sunsets in Dunsborough are to die for! But somehow the sunset didn't fit that description and we were quite disappointed, staring out at the ocean.
Then he blurted, "Oh shit. I think I remembered wrongly. I think the guy said that the sunrises are to die for, not the sunsets." He gave a sheepish grin. I almost punched him. We were facing the wrong directions all the time!! No wonder no sun in sight at all!!
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment