Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pictorial Memories

Pictorial Memories



8th August 2008: The Girls




We had a project meeting on that morning, but it was really nice of them to get me a mousse cake with ingredients that I like -- coffee and nuts. Hur, an exact contrast to Dellia's preferences, but we ate three quarters of the cake and I took home the rest of it!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


8th August 2008: The Classmates




We met at Cafe Cartel Marina Square and the service was pretty good. It's funny to see that Lai Meng's review post on the service standards of Cafe Cartel Plaza Singapura has a warped ripple effect on all her friends. Everyone who now patrons Cafe Cartel would do a mental evaluation of the service standards. My experience was pleasant, except that some orders took a longer time than usual. However, the Citibank 15% off the total bill was enough to make us happy. Hee.





Took a night ride in Gab's black Latio and stopped somewhere while waiting for the rest. I like the way my camera functions. Without flashes, it still produces decent shots. Not beautiful, but decent shots, despite it being a home-use device. Doesn't the bridge seem never-ending?





SMAN. Haha. What the hell does that mean?! I know it's made up of our front initials hence the acronym, but it has no meaning at all. Hur.





The bridge itself. I believe this was the one my mother was telling me about. The one you see right in front above you when you drive along Henderson Road. Ah, the night scene there is very pretty! Not the pa-tor kind of pretty, but the relaxing good for chatting kind. I like.





They were so lovely. Sze Ling took my camera and started fiddling around with it. I thought that was weird because Sze Ling has never fiddled with my camera functions since I knew her. Suddenly, they all started singing 'Happy Birthday' and that was when I took a glance at my watch. Ah, 12am. Very punctual! 原来 Sze Ling was trying to capture the precious moment. =D Very very touched. Thank you everyone!





We ended the night with a gory movie -- The Pathologist. An impromptu decision but I love the movie! Very gory and a couple sado-machism sex scenes. If you are into these (like I am), catch it. Very sick. Very nice. Milo's butt also very nice. Hee.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


9th August 2008: The Family




A birthday present from my sister! Look at Yuet Wei's nail colour! With or without flash, it's exactly the same as the DS!!




Because I like it, we had Churrascaria at Brazilian Churrasco, located along Sixth Avenue. Pineapple and ham, my favourite!




There were 2 other groups of people celebrating someone's birthday. How do I know? Because the staff were singing 'Happy Birthday' in a very cute manner and they did it twice that night. They didn't do it to me because I preferred a quiet dinner. =)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


13th August: Dellia's Birthday




Because of Yuet Wei's birthday and mine, we are quite sick of cakes! So we got her a small blueberry cheesecake instead and she managed to stain her shorts with it. Hah.




The title says it all.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15th August 2008: The Sistas




Yes Yi Feng is a guy but he is almost like my sister. =) We caught up with each other as well as Sze Ling and Anthea, who had to leave early before we could have dinner.




New York New York's food isn't fantastic but I thought my Latino Chicken Chops were very nice! Yi Feng's BBQ ribs sucked. Sze's Beef Cubes Lasagne was delicious initially, but after two mouths it started to taste a little sick. =P




While I was talking to Sze Ling, Yi Feng excused himself to the loo, and when he came back to the table, he had this whole row of the restaurant crew trailing after him. One of them was holding the slice of cake above and a couple of others were holding this musical instrument that you shake and it makes shee-sha-shee-sha sounds.

I turned and looked at him, 'No... you didn't!' and he cheekily said 'Yes, I did.'

Haha, it was pretty embarrassing for them to sing me the song and I asked if the girls knew about it but they said they didn't know. Haha. Thanks alot lar! I was really touched!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th August 2008: Tzyy Horng's Birthday Steamboat




We went to his house for steamboat! I have to say the food was really very very well-prepared and the prawns were huge! Thanks to Anthea who peeled all the shells for us and made us feel so blessed, like we all shared a boyfriend. Haha!





A second gathering in a month! =)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24th August 2008: The Guys



Bennett and Eugene shared a crayfish pasta. That was quite gay. Nicole and I shared this Spinach & Salmon Pasta in Basil Sauce and Tonkatsu Curry Set.




After watching the movie 'The Hunting Party', the night was still young (haha cliche) hence Bennett suggested going over to Acid Bar and talk cock! I like to talk cock! Hee.




Did I tell you that Bennett said asking me out is akin to asking the President out? Haha, am I that busy? I don't think so. It's just that our timings always clash. Zzz.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


27th August 2008: The Good Friend/Boyfriend's Best Friend




Wee Kian very nice! He treated me to a meal! We had Happy Hot Pot and it was really filling. He kept barbequeing and filling up my plate but I kept boiling and forgot to fill up his plate. Hah! We first had chicken stock as the soup base and I dumped in many prawns to boil so that the soup would be 'sweet'. Apparently I forgot that he does not eat prawns.

That night, I ended up eating 16 prawns. Worth every dollar he paid. -___-


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


30th August 2008: Clement's Advance Birthday BBQ




Our spread. I had many chicken wings! It's a good-food month for me sia!




They played this special Chinese character mahjong where the rules are basically the same, just that you have to form the 边 with the 正字 and form a legal word. When I say legal word, I mean a correct word.




Next, we played Indian poker! As usual we sabo-ed Clement. The forfeit was..




this disgusting piece of shit. It's Bailey's with Coke. When added in, the Bailey's form a brown precipitate. And thank god I didn't get to drink the disgusting thing. Bleah.




The girls again.




Our infamous one to ten! =)




Everyone that was there!




Yes yes more pictures of myself. For my boyfriend who has not seen me for months! =D




Third gathering in a month!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am missing my boyfriend alot at the moment. Reception at Busselton Jetty is not very good and apparently he is having a good night's stay in the car! Haha, if I was there I would propose that we bring a portable stove and we can cook supper! Hur.

So what do I do when I miss him?

I watch The Notebook. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment