Saturday, September 13, 2008

Health and holidays!

Health and holidays!

I just got off the phone from a very hasty phone call from OTS, who is currently enjoying himself in Busselton Jetty, touring around Dunsborough and also checking out the beach cottage that we will be staying in when I go over to Perth this coming November.

He just called to say 'I love you'.

I'm lying. That is a song.

He called to tell me he was enjoying his ice cream -- brandy eggnogg strawberry cointreau and something else. I don't know if that's one BIG flavour or separated into a couple of flavours, but given the lagging reception and the wind blowing into his phone, I would think I passed the listening test. BUT, I don't like a word I'm hearing -- strawberry.

Okay, my exams timetable is out. First paper is the finance paper (luckily!) and my last paper ends on 4th November. I have ample time to pack before I fly on the 19th. My parents will join me on the 23rd and they will be coming back earlier on the 30th, before I stay on till 10th Dec (will use the time to go on a driving road trip down Albany and Esperance!).

Can't wait to eat all the ice creams and meatpies and enjoy a great summer holiday in old boring Perth! And in order to enjoy my holiday, I have embarked on a SWEFC journey to nurse myself back into pink health -- I have been falling sick for way too many times! This is what OTS and I have jointly planned for myself:

S - Sleep: To sleep before 11.30pm every night
W - Water: To drink at least one litre of water everyday
E - Exercise: To go swimming at least once every week
F - Fruits: Have at least four servings of fruits every week
C - Computer: No more than five hours of computer usage everyday

So far, I have kept to W, E and F pretty well, C not there yet but under control. However, S seems to be my Achilles' Heel. No matter how I try to finish my work for the day, I can't seem to be in bed by 11.30pm. I guess I still need some getting used to.

So much for updates. I have unknowingly signed up for another student credit card by Diners International, so be careful of what you are touching on the screens of the AXS stations and kiosks! Do read the T&Cs of any lucky draw that you feel like taking part on the machines. Not that the credit card is a bad idea. It's just that I don't need it at all. Shrugs.

Aussie dollars are falling. Why the hell did I change my currencies so early?! Zzz.



Update: OTS smsed to say that the beach cottage is wonderfully serene and it has taken his breath away! YAY I can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment