Forcing Yourself To Be Happy
I stumbled upon some friends' blog which I haven't read in a long time, and I personally find it very disturbing to see comments like,
"Aiya, why dear never concentrate on talking da (to) me on MSN? He must be busy with his work right? As a gf, I should be happy for him that he is concentrating. Why I still feel so sian leh? Hmmm, must be happy for him."
Okay, that was really disturbing. I mean, if you are not happy with the situation, YOU ARE NOT HAPPY. Why do you have to convince yourself to be happy when you really aren't!? If you are bothered with his speed of reply, you should either tell him that you are unhappy or you don't let that fact bother you. Why force it upon yourself to 'aiya.. must be happy for him' and then face an internal struggle?! I think that's completely rubbish.
Even so, HOW happy are you supposed to be when your bf is just doing work? We are talking about adults over here, hello.
My point is (if you haven't gotten it), say out how you feel. You have a right to have negative feelings. Boyfriends aren't there just to receive positive/happy emotions. Thrash it, listen to what he has to say, then make a decision and not regret it (by aiya-ing here and aiya-ing there). From my lessons, I don't think second-guessing each other is very nice and making assumptions about each other without communicating is very polite.
And that is a point I will constantly remind myself.
People who can spot a certain habit in the quote above, will know who that quote is from. Hee. =P
No comments:
Post a Comment