Saturday, June 22, 2013

Travelogue - Perth, Western Australia February 2013 (1)

Aloha! I am back with Perth photos finally! It's my fifth trip to Perth and by now, I've gotten used to living there for a longer time around. Need to get used to limited shopping as well, hurhur. Well, without shopping, that leaves me with more time to explore my other interest - cooking!

I love Aussie supermarkets. It's my favourite place to go in every mall I went there. Each suburb I visited, I made it a point to go to the supermarkets. The products are always displayed nicely and all of them look so fresh, you just wanna buy them all! Even if you don't know how to cook, they sure make it tempting enough for you to try!

Eating out can be really expensive in Perth, so Tex and I made sure we cooked as much as we could. Besides, we love eating home-cooked meals and I love to cook (while he love to wash up, okay that's not true), so why not? Luckily for me, one thing I can be finally confident about - cooking isn't a problem for me at all. No one has lao-sai-ed from eating my food yet.

The purpose of my trip this time round was to stay (bum around) in the house and help him settle into the environment as he was starting school after a two and half years hiatus from it. Also, to help him move into college and be his maid! Hahahaha.

Tex left ten days just after we solemnised. Such a 负心汉 right?

Hahaha, I arrived a week later than him and he already got himself a car! A nice vintage BMW 1990 318i series. Mad loveeeeeeee it. He knew I would love it.

One feature I super adore about it - it's MANUAL. Fuck yes.

Definitely a sucker for manual vintage cars. And for $3000 - his red packet to all those back in Singapore during the CNY period.


Flight wear for the day!

Still went to work for half a day before going to the airport to catch my flight in the afternoon! It was my last working with my buddy, Cassandra (same person who was the photographer for my solemnisation), as I would be away for about 3 weeks! Her last working day was during the period that I would be away!

Gonna miss you buddy.


So sweet of her to still give me a present! She understands me so well. We were randomly chatting one day when I said I wasn't sure what my blood type was (don't judge) and look what she got me!


Mad sweet of her!


Kinda forced my folks to grab a photo and give me a hug because I was going to be away for close to three weeks. The last time I was away for that long, was during my first trip to Perth too in 2008 but even that, they joined me and Tex in Perth for ten days.


When you fly budget, plain water is your best friend.

I hope everyone knows this by now. You CAN bring an EPMTY bottle with you into the boarding gate. Inside the boarding gate, there will be potable drinking water station which you then can fill your empty bottle with, unless you are willing to part with $4 for a bottle of water inflight, then go ahead.

Met a fellow passenger who was also having a LDR. Didn't feel so lonely anymore. :)


Meet my buibui!

Crashed into bed early that night and woke up early the next morning to check on Rosie proper. Yes, our car has a name, Rosalie, Rosie for short. It creaks a little when we corner, during the most unexpected moments. Tex and me can be talking and turning round the bend and she goes "eeeek!" in the most gentle way possible, hence the gender. SO CUTE.



I like to think the husband was happy to see me.

And YES! WE CAN HAZ A SUNROOF! But so not as pleased as I thought I would be because the week that I arrived in Perth, there was a heat wave passing through. Forty degrees Celsius, not very funny.

Keeping myself occupied - respite from technology

Accompanied Tex to one of his trials for soccer. Enjoyed the me-time tremendously.





Got a little cold so went back into the car, hai. I bluff. There were too many dogs running around and I was super scared. So I hid.




Caught a super pretty sunset while waiting in the car - which reminded me why we yearn to travel as much as we can.





When Tex was done, we went for dinner. It was Valentines' Day that day, all we wanted was a simple meal with each other. I would have very much rather cooked but we didn't go to the supermarkets to stock up that day. Supermarkets in Perth close really early at around 5:30PM.

Tried an affordable pasta place called Riley's.







I loved the risotto that I had, which Tex encouraged me to cook it myself. And so I did. Will share with you guys how it turned out. Hahaha! Till the next! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment