Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Travelogue - Flight to Helsinki

Ahhh, I finally get to start penning my travelogues! Working OT in office hence might as well make use of the fast internet to do some blogging! :P Will refrain from using Instagram photos 'cos for those who already follow me on IG, you would have seen them! Hence, I will be using photos from my iPhone and camera. :)

On 12th September 2012, Tex and I started our little Europe vacation. Something we both had been looking forward to - getting out of Asia! Bought our tickets in May and we were sooooo trigger happy! Months and months of research and preparations - it was finally happening!

See us:


Specky us. Ready for a 12-hour flight.

Can't be arsed to put on make-up for a 12-hour flight. But I did pack some light make-up in my handbag for some touch-ups! Finnair does not give out night packs like Singapore Airlines does hence it was essential that I packed my toothbrush, facial foam and contact lens on board!



Thank you to the parents who sent me to the airport

Very excited to jet off!

I love trying out new airlines. The blankets, amenities and services that they provide just rouse my interest and curiosity every single time! I would say the flights I had on Finnair were awesome and I've joined to become a member! :D



Tex blowing up a neck pillow that he brought for me.

Funny thing was, I didn't enjoy using it. I don't really appreciate having anything under my neck. Could stay that way for quite a long time.



Nitty gritty details that makes me happy.


Dinner
I love inflight meals. Do you know that they are normally cooked slightly saltier than usual because in high altitude your taste buds change? I particularly like Finnair's conscientiousness because they quickly served us the meals once the take-off was stable and quickly took the trays away so we could all go to bed. Flight took off at 11.35pm and I was fed, ready to sleep by 12.45am. That's how quick they were!

Had an straight 7 hours' sleep and woke up to this:


So pretty!

My timing is like damn awesome la. Woke up and within half an hour, they served breakfast!


Omelette with wedges! :)

So very the yummy la. By now, I sound like a Finnair fangirl. I just generally love food la, can?


Hello sun.


And we land!

Hello HELSINKI! Felt the chills the moment we stepped out of the plane. Temperature must be around 15 to 16 degrees! Took an airport bus that cost us about 4.50 each to the city centre to catch another tram. We were trying to get to the jetty to catch a liner that would take us to.. ESTONIA!


Some market which I forgot the name to.


Tex's get-up

Alright, I gotta go. So sorry for the abrupt end. Let me keep the Estonian hype just that little bit more. I promise to come back with more photos!

Thanks for reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment