Monday, November 05, 2012

New (Old) Keyboard

I can haz a new keyboard in office. It's actually old and it's mad awesome. I love typing on it like a bank teller.

When I was young, I used to pretend that I was a bank teller and I would fill in cash deposit or withdrawal forms that I nicked from our local banks. Okay, namely POSB. It's not really stealing right, I mean, they were there for people to take and I only.. took more that what my Mom needed. Hee. I made my sister pretend to be a bank customer and filled in those forms while I 'processed' the transaction, using a keyboard just like that I have now.

How did a keyboard like this appeared in my home the last time? Tracing my thoughts..

Mom picked up a really old one that people discarded behind the rubbish bin. She cleaned it, gave to me and my sister as a new toy. We didn't have a computer at that time and this was an awesome, awesome toy! I practised my keyboarding skills with typing my full name as a first and dreamt of being a cashier at NTUC, a bank teller at POSB (last time we don't go to DBS) and owning a cash register. I typed away at it furiously for days and months and never got bored of it. Eventually we got a computer when I was 12, then I got fascinated by colour printers and the drawing programme Paint and forgot all about this old awesome keyboard.

And I think Mom threw it away when we got older. *super sad face*

But it's okay! I can haz this new (old) keyboard again! It makes typing complaint emails much more pleasant. It makes typing service recovery emails more apologetic that I really am. It makes so much typing noise that they are music to my ears.

I love my keyboard. :))))

No comments:

Post a Comment