If I hadn't made the decision to accept Wee Kian's invitation to his house's New Year Party on 31st December 2006, I would have never met Tex again on during the wee hours of 1st January 2007. I just went through a break-up that Christmas and to meet new people or to even socialise after I became freshly single sounded irreverent to me. Something in me told me that I needed to get out to get some fresh air that night. Had I not done so, I wouldn't have met Tex again after not seeing him for close to two years. We wouldn't have rekindled a slightly lost friendship, much less followed up and humour each other with our own little quirks then.
We wouldn't have gone out for dates despite his imminent departure to Perth to further his studies then when he was only 19 years old. We wouldn't have decided to still continue the relationship, having an anonymous source of courage to do so even though we honestly had no idea where this young, budding and also dangerous attraction would lead us to, continents apart. We wouldn't have held on, where there were so many challenges waiting to break us.
Once in a while, you gotta credit your instincts and The Law of Attraction in Nature for some of the experiences that you receive in life. This is one of them.
<3!
ReplyDelete