There have been some occasions where I felt frustrated and poor boys and uncles had to bear the brunt of my anger.
Scenario One:
My two besties Peck Hiang, Stephanie and I were on a cab to Kampong Bahru for a drink. We all were dealing with our own issues and we decided that we needed to bounce anger off each other that night. So they picked me up in a cab and off we went to a pub where Peck Hiang's friend was working in. The last time we drank was during Stephanie's hen's night, which was a good two years ago.
I was having a tiff with Tex hence I was sitting in the front seat, fervently typing away on Whatsapp. When we finally reached, the cabby uncle said:
Him: Wah, 我都没有来过这种地方。一定很贵,我还不起。
Me: Aiya uncle, 我们也是久久来一次。
Him: 我不懂啊,我没有办法来,只有你们可以。*cue slanted mouth and pursed lips*
So by this time I was quite annoyed already. This uncle was insinuating that we were squandering our money away and poooooor him cannot come. He may be right BUT, nobody asked for his opinions right? On the one day we chose alcohol to drink our sorrows away, we got judged. And who is he to judge? My mother?
Me: Uncle, 没有人问你的意见。Byebye. *slams door*
I admit I was rude. On a good day I may even laugh with him. But hor, what do you mean by "我不懂啊"? I voiced my opinions you don't understand, so you voice yours I am expected to acknowledge la?
Scenario Two:
I was waiting at a bus stop for Tex when there were two secondary school boys talking to each other. Sorry, it was more like Boy A was talking loudly to Boy B and poor Boy B just kept quiet.
Boy A: Eh lanjiao la! 做么你这样 cheebye! Cheebye la! Cheebye 你懂吗?Cheebye leh. (Cheebye X 5 more times).
Boy B: ...
I couldn't take it anymore because I felt like Boy A was just taunting Boy B so I stood up and walked over to Boy A.
Me: Cheebye, 你有阿?
I went back to my seat. Shrugs.
Hai, 脾气真的得改一改。
No comments:
Post a Comment