I was trying to be a keyboard warrior at work when a memory suddenly came to my mind.
Sidetrack: I refer a memory as 'a memory', just like how Dumbledore pulls segments of his memories out of his mind to show Harry. I'm pulling mine out now.
When we backpacked Europe last year, I thought I packed as light as I could already, knowing that we were going to carry a backpack each for the rest of the trip. So I already repeated some of my clothes two times. Apparently not enough.
At the airport check-in, Tex placed his bag on the counter weigh and it showed 9kg. Check-in staff 'approves' the bag and tumbling on the conveyor belt, the bag went.
I placed mine and it showed... 14kg.
Tex: What the hell did you pack in there?!
Me: Errrr, clothes?
Tex: Why you never pack lighter?
Me: I already did! *mumble mumble*
At Helsinki Vantaa airport collecting our bags, I heaved my bag onto my shoulder and 'aaaah!' immediately. Super filled with regret that I didn't pack lighter. Tex eyeballed me and continued walking. I followed..
Me: *pant*
Tex: See la, never pack lighter.
Me: Hanna hanna!
Then he stopped in his tracks, took his bag off his shoulders, passed me his bag, peeled my bag off my shoulders, and strapped it on himself for the rest of the trip for the next ten days.
:D I have the best travel partner EVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment