Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Six Years Together

This month, we celebrate our sixth year of getting together. (Level up!) In my opinion, the past year has been one of the toughest, strenuous but enriching and rewarding years to walk through with Tex. Even though there were what others consider to be worse times like being apart for three and a half years while we were together, the past year has been turbulent and unnerving but nonetheless memorable and heartwarming.

What others do not know is that, in 2007, he left for Perth and started our long-distance relationship shortly after we got together for one and a half months. When he came back in mid-2010, we had to go through about three and a half years later, what other couples already went through in their novice stage of courtship. We had to get to used to each others' facial expressions, vocal tones, body language, mannerisms, smells, household habits, lifestyle habits, love languages and intimacy on a face-to-face basis, which were all very new to us, albeit having been together for close to four years then.

It was hard and challenging but I am so glad now we never gave up. Our new life is here, baby. :) I know you are reading this.

We chose this month to solemnise our marriage because January means something to us. We do not have an actual or specific anniversary date because Tex never asked me to be be his girlfriend; we just got together. No questions were needed. Since then, we have agreed to celebrate our anniversary within the first week of January on different days, haha.

And nope, we (still) do not have a flat under our names. Two young earthlings chasing a big dream. :)


Our first.
First in 2008: The very young us took a glass-bottom cable car ride and celebrated at the Jewel Box. I remember it to be rather expensive and warm, haha!


Our second.

Second in 2009: Craving for ribs so we had dinner at Tony Roma's and we went to Acid Bar for drinks later.



Our third.

Third in 2010: This was at a Mediterranean restaurant at Club Street which closed down. I remember the food to be rather decent but quite expensive too! Went Marina Barrage after dinner for a stroll.


Our fourth.

Fourth in 2011: We were quite poor then so went to the old Burger Bench & Bar at Cineleisure! Very happy and fulfilling meal as I recalled. :)


Our fifth.

Fifth in 2012: Had a very delicious meal at Vineyard @ Hort Park, I strongly recommend the lemon lava cake! Please go try try try! The pizza was sooo good! Changed seats to the alfresco seating over looking the pond and chatted about our future.


Our sixth.
Sixth in 2013: Craving for a crazy hearty meal so we opted for a buffet meal at our favourite buffet place - Buffet Town! Love the massive variety at a more pocket-friendly price as compared to hotel buffets. Chatted our dinner away. :)


As you can see, we like to chat a lot. Perhaps we were very used to talking on the phone when we were apart. Sometimes, we feel we are dating the phone and not a person. Sometimes, I would forget how he looked like. Bittersweet times like this, we would send each other photos to remind each other of our faces. I would snail mail him letters and he would mail me presents back. Ever since he came back, we stopped doing such stuffs because there is simply no reason to do it now. Miss the snail mails! He would call me everyday and I would tell him all about my day and chat till late into the night. Sometimes I would wait for his call till I fell asleep and he would only call me at 3am when he was done with his studying. We laughed, fought, cried and kissed through the phone. It was definitely our best friend throughout our relationship.

Now that we are going to 'restart' our LDR cycle again, I will definitely find the mojo and rigour back!

Thank you for the times.

Tex, thank you for everything. I am so looking forward to writing our next chapter together. You will continue to be my pillar of support, my best friend, my soulmate and I hope to offer you nothing less than what you have provided for me.

一切,盡在不言中.

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet post dear!!! happy 6 yrs tgt!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Veron! Thank you thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete