![]() |
| Credits to Copacabana Bikes |
Did you know that a bicycle that can be rode by two persons, one behind another is called a tandem bicycle?
Tandem - one following behind another.
Tex and I have this infatuation with vintage bikes. I love those that are cream in colour and have brown seats with a rattan basket in front. I think our love for bicycles transformed from his love for vintage motorbikes when they got too expensive in Singapore. All bicycles need to propel them into motion is your kinetic energy - your legs. It's free, it's environmentally friendly and it ensures you exercise. Okay, I exercise.
We love bicycles to the extent we rented one each to tour around Salzburg! Places that cars couldn't bring you, neither could tour coaches. This suits our nature to a T - we love taking the roads less travelled.
I'm very inclined to crack my brains for the last few months on where our future family would be if Tex is disillusioned from staying in Singapore and we don't want to be apart. We know there is a better place out there - hence we travel to seek another home. Singapore is my birth place but it is less of a home as I would very much hope it could be. It still is, but it's one of those places you feel less inclined to return to after a long day at work.
So what's keeping me here? My family and friends. They form a strong social support group that I have and cannot do without (at least, for now). As much as I hate adapting, which is a really a negative aspect of mine in this society, I know I cannot be selfish. After going through three and a half years of LDR in our five-year plus courtship, I'm not prepared to be away from Tex for another four to five years at least when he goes back to Perth for further studies.
We will be married soon. My traditional beliefs taught me that a wife shouldn't be away from a husband for too long. I am making plans to join Tex in Perth as soon as I can, so long I can bear to peel myself away from Singapore. I have recognised that I will never be ready to move to another country but I gotta start somewhere. For my marriage, for my future family, for Tex.
And I am sure if I ever decide to move to yet another place because Perth may not hit the spot for me, Tex will do the same thing for me without a doubt.
That is why - in tandem.

No comments:
Post a Comment