Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy Thoughts

I know most girls gush about their wedding preparations, so do I, with every perfect reason to do so. I shall not elaborate on "why" but I equip myself with a very sobering statement that I have engraved to the back of my brain while doing my own wedding research - it's not the wedding, it's the marriage.

Easier said that done? When you flood yourself with more and more indulgent information, you get lost in it. I caught myself delving into "hmmm so white or turquoise paper ah?" before I went "Siao".

A wedding happens for several reasons. Some do it for themselves, some do it for their parents etc. Mine has a few contributory factors but they are not far off. Ultimately, Tex and I are going to be the ones in it, the ones spending the most money and we better fucking enjoy it.

That means, I think I will not give a shit about what others think. You can read it somewhere along the lines of "you want, you come, you don't want, you don't come". We only want people who are happy for us to be there anyway. We don't expect ourselves to be treated like VIPs but you don't get the princessy treatments from us anyway.

Have I marred the mood of wedding preparations? Nah, nothing has happened during our wedding prep because.. there is nothing I can do when Tex isn't here. We can only start most things proper when he is back next year.

Till then, I am a happy wife whose husband calls every night and watches me go to sleep. And that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment