Absolutely stoked that I will be visiting Europe, nope, wait for it, EASTERN Europe this coming September! I never imagined that 26 would be the age for me to do it. I always thought I'd be 35 when I finally have the money to.
With The Fiance, no less.
Thankful for my counterparts in my HQ who emailed me this amazing promotion form Finnair. With a base fare of $228 and Singapore as a departing city, you could choose ANY destination city and just pay the accorded surcharges. What's more, they gave away a free stopover in Helsinki on either your departing leg or return leg of the journey! Why Helsinki? Finnair, duh.
So I sent the email to Tex as like what I normally do if I see anything interesting. That night when we met for dinner, he brought the topic up and asked if I wanted to go. I gave the usual fast response "No money lah."
He frowned and said "$228 as base fare leh. The most you pay another $600 taxes? $800+ to go to Europe is a crazy deal. You'll never ever get another chance at it."
Heart waned. Hmmmmmm. He's sooooo right. My dream city, Prague. So near right?
We debated on where we should visit and of course, my first choice is Prague. Tex wanted Sweden but Scandinavia is soooo expensive and I doubt we could afford to spend our time in two Scandinavian cities. He gave in and we chose Prague, much to my amazement! Besides, we are aiming to visit other eastern European countries while we are there! Like Austria, Hungary or maybe Slovakia.
Next day, we selected dates and I called up the Finnair agent, Zilla. She was so helpful and advised us on how many days in Helsinki we should spend and how best to make use of the flight choices. Our flights are now confirmed and look to be like this:
12 Sep - Singapore to Helsinki; DEP 2335 ARR 0635 (+1)
16 Sep - Helsinki to Prague; DEP 0935 ARR 1045
22 Sep - Prague to Helsinki; DEP 1930 ARR 2240
Helsinki to Singapore DEP 2355 ARR 1635 (+1)
All timing in the respective departing and arriving cities' timezones.
And so far, I've bought a pair of cheap flat boots, ready to conquer any cobbled street. We've yet to decide on accomodations; which is something we need to do really soon. And of course, train tickets if we do want to visit other cities.
Aaaaah, can't wait to spend real good quality time with Tex doing our favourite hobby together, traveling and exploring!
"Adventure is out there!"
No comments:
Post a Comment