1) It's near my house; within 10 mins of driving
2) Parking would be free, the surroundings are pretty deserted
3) Exactly because the surroundings are pretty deserted, you can enjoy a quiet breakfast here.
On my two separate occasions here, the crowds were wonderful, to say the least. Despite having kids running around, it just didn't seem that big a deal or that they were making too much noise. I credit that to the open-aired surroundings that made everything seem so much more relaxed and less confined.
| Decal-like artwork on the exterior of the cafe facade |
The place is really small though, housing no more than 50 patrons in and out.
| One half of the cafe |
| Huge-ass coffee grinder. For show? Not sure. |
A sister cafe by Papa Palheta, let's talk coffee first. I don't know much about aromas and tastes and strengths and award-winning or whatnots. I know that I like their coffee very much. It's fragrant, it's strong and it has left me wanting for more. Tex thinks I'm more of a sugar-lover than a coffee addict since I particularly enjoy Aik Cheong's 3-in-1 white coffeemix, but whatever. I like it means I like it, right?
You don't need to be an expert to enjoy food.
| Cafe Latte |
Oh by the way, the menu is a simple two-pager held back to back by a piece of cardboard and two pieces of blue rubberbands.
The first time we were there at about 11.30am, most of the breakfast sets were sold out already. I gathered that if you want to try their brunch menu, be there when they open at 9am. Otherwise, you can check out their sandwiches too - like what I did. I 'upgraded' my Pork Sandwich to a croissant at a cost of an additional $2.50 - a choice I never regretted (more on that later). What was surprising was that the sandwich came with a handful of tapioca chips! Awesome!
Yes the mustard do look like birds' droppings and a tad too sour for me, but overall, I ♥ it! Generous slabs of ham slices and the buttery croissants were more than enough for me.
| Pork Sandwich - Ham, cheese, crisp slices of green apple with wholegrain mustard |
We brought Tex's dad along the second time we went and ordered something really crazy for him - a Ristretto. Frankly, I think we ordered that because we secretly want to know what it is but didn't want it for ourselves, just in case it turns out bad. HOHO.
| Ristretto |
What a.. mouthful. That should keep him awake for the rest of the day, I hope. =E
Tex particularly enjoyed the House Muesli. In fact, he had it the both times we were there!
House Muesli |
| Iced Cafe Latte this time round |
And kindly allow me to introduce one of the best croissants I've ever came across ..
| Almond Croissant!!!! |
This is da bomb. DA BOMB. I ♥♥♥ it. Flaky and chewy all rolled into one. Do not give the butter croissants a miss too. They are equally fantastic.
| Butter Croissant |
And I had their breakfast, Scrambled Eggs on Toast with bacon. This was just meh. Not worth trying.
| Scrambled Eggs on Toast |
What I do not like - their operating hours. Apparently they are open till only 6pm, this makes it a lil' annoying for Tex and I who normally meet for coffee only after dinner and we refuse to go to Starbucks or anywhere alike.
But just for the coffees, you can definitely see me returning on days that I do not have to work or in a crowd-avoiding mood during weekdays. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment