And to pay for dinners.
Okay that aside, if one of my favourite past times is to go out for meals with them, then one of theirs' would be to bring the little bundle of joy, well not so little anymore, out to markets or fast food restaurants for breakfast. I even overheard them discussing to buy a Smurf toy for her!
Dad: 你看,Xylia 去拿别人的Smurf 玩具.
Mum: Har..
Dad:我看我还是去买一个给她啦,plastic的.
Mum: 哪里有女孩子喜欢plastic的玩具?!
Dad:Barbie doll 不是plastic meh?!
Mum: ...
*The above conversation was carried out in Teochew, play it in your head.
We went to the McDonald's at Ridout Tea Garden (where my parents used to bring me and my sister to). Comparing with what I remembered it to be, the pond is now cleaner and I swear there are a lot more tortoises as compared to the past.
| Walking bridge all done up and pond cleaned up |
| Breakfast Deluxe Supreme |
| Xylia with her grandmother |
| McMuffin Supreme.. I know right?! |
Look at her tam jiak face!
|
One face, many expressions
|
| |
| With the grandparents |
| '阿公, what is that?' |
| |
| “乌龟,来!” |
| "Come! Follow me!" |
| Constantly playing with Xarius's ears. Poor guy. |
| A photo opportunity with Granny before the kids head home for 2 weeks |
And a little bit about myself, I had a really crazy week with sponsored meals (many thanks to many!) and let me just break it all down for you:
Monday - Lunch treat from ma boss at Changi V, tze char (Alex was leaving the company)
Monday - Dinner treat from Pei Juan, Pastamania (no apparent reason, she was feeling rich)
Tuesday - Lunch treat from another manager at Downtown East, tze char again, thanks to Alex
Tuesday - A good simple dinner at Tex's house
Wednesday - Lunch at airport, paid by parents
Wednesday - Dinner at Kebabs n' Curries at Mustafa, awesome North Indian cuisine over there
Thursday - Lunch a gooooood Malay nasi padang at Loyang Offshore
Thursday - Far East Chicken Rice with Wongy, satisfactory
Friday - Lunch treat from colleagues at Pastamania again
Friday - Chinese dinner at some 拜拜 event, YUMS
Saturday - Wedding lunch at Amara
Saturday - Dinner at airport again
Sunday - lunch was Changi V nasi lemak
Sunday - dinner at Commonwealth Two Chefs'
Can you believe it?! Well, I can't. There go my fruit lunches for the week. I feel terribly depressed now. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment