Are you guys glad that the Perth post is finally going to be over!! Haha! I had so much fun in Perth so it's amazing to review and talk about it now. Although uploading photos is a bitchy task with Blogger, finishing the Perth post makes me feel a little sad, like I cannot indulge in my happy experiences anymore! Time to look forward and achieve my goal -- getting
Let's look back at Perth, for the last time.
Day 19: The Last of Esperance, The Wave Rock at Hyden & Cop-The-Lot Burger
Although a little pricier than what we paid for at Bathers, Pink Lake proves to be quite a comfortable budget stay for us. We brought our own linen and pillows and because of the colour scheme, everything looks so much more cleaner.. Did I mention that the cabin can actually sleep six persons?
31.jpg)
We could park the Yaris right next to the cabin
Remember the cafe next to the beach? We went back there for breakfast! OTS wanted to treat me an enriching breakfast for the coming long day. Hur.
And I had my first and tastiest Eggs Benedict ever!
He had pancakes with maple syrup and caramel milkshake! Eeeee I hate sweet food for breakfastsAfter breakfast we drove out to the town centre to pump petrol and when we were leaving the town centre, we saw a flea market and my shopping instincts came on, man. OTS looked at me and asked if I wanna stop and take a look, I suppressed my excitement and replied "Okay lor."
HAHAHAHA.
Man, the flea market was GOOD. The very first stall I visited was selling infant clothes! All of famous brands like Gap, Esprit, United Colours of Bennetton and also many many cutely knitted cardigans for infants!! And the best thing was, they were all going at AUD$1 for each piece! Some of them even had tags on them!!
I grabbed about ten pieces and was soooooooo satisfied. Hee.
So we left Esperance happily. Drove past the route where they cordoned off the previous day due to a forest fire and I was staring through the bushes when the car was moving, trying to catch a glimpse of the forest fire smoke when we saw a lake.
Then we saw The Pink Lake.
Your eyes are not playing tricks on you. The lake really looks pinkish on the surface.Thank you baby for driving to Hyden first so I could catch some sleep!!!
34.jpg)
After three weeks, the Yaris clocked about 2000km!
About three hours later, we reached Hyden and drove in to The Wave Rock. I thought that the weather would be cold like Esperance but it was a major change! It was SOOOOOOOO warm and it definitely felt like 37 degrees Celsius!
AND THERE WERE SO MANY FLIES FLYING AROUND!
We sat there to have lunch and there were like at least one hundred flies flying around!! OTS explained that it was because we were not near the coast unlike Esperance and Albany that's why it was so warm!
The Wave Rock
35.jpg)
Measuring at 110m long
36.jpg)
No, we were not feeling cold. In fact it was so hot that the sun was scorching and my skin hurt! The shawls were also to keep away flies from flying all around our face and into our ears! The buzzings were just too irritating to bear!!!
Even OTS can't stand the flies so much he's turning gay
Billboard and the famous boring Wave
A photo with the wonderful Yaris, who will bring us back to Perth again
It was definitely a wrong move taking over the wheel from Hyden. First, Hyden was like a dead town with nobody walking around at all. We found a couple of gas stations, pulled over and wanted to pump petrol, only to realise that there were nobody at the stations and the pumps did not work at all. The town was totally empty. I was really reminded of the movie 'House of Wax' (if you guys did watch it).
Finally we found a gas station with exorbitant prices but we had no choice. So we filled up the tank and were too eager to go. Enroute, I was still hitting flies in the car while grabbing the steering wheel. There was sunset and the sun was shining in my eyes as we head west. 80% of the route back was hardly like tarmac, it was more like a smoother gravel road. There were many bends and it was just simply one word to describe it -- treacherous.
We finally reached home at 7pm sharp, thank gawd for the long daytime in summer so it was still bright!
We were totally crashed. I took a shower first, changed into my Polo tee and black shorts and was resting when I saw OTS wearing the same colour Polo tee and his black berms! Gawd, totally couple suit. Luckily we were in Perth. Would not be caught dead in that. Haha.
Drove over to Fast Eddy's to have some humongous burgers!! There were no parking lots so we parked right in front of the bin centre entrance.
Cop-The-Lot burger!!!!!!After dinner we walked back to the car with bloated stomachs and realised that a rubbish truck was at the bin centre. Then we saw on top of the Yaris' windscreen, was a huge cardboard box torn flat, written on it was 'DO NOT PARK HERE - TRUCKS CANNOT ENTER'.
We were so paiseh and the angmoh janitor was going like 'your car?' and we went 'yeah.. sorry about that'. And I threw away the cardboard box back into the bin centre. Hee.
And that sums up our little road trip to Albany and Esperance! Definitely my best road trip, ever.
Day 20: Perth City Shopping
Went to the city to get some last minute stuffs. Bought many many packets of potato chips but my mother finished all of them already! Sighs.
Took the train againHad kebab in the city. One of my favourite meals!
Day 22: Harbourtown
Harbourtown was one of my last shopping places in Perth. Didn't buy anything much, but I got a pair of very comfy heels!
Gelare over there has half-price waffles on Tuesdays too!
Had dinner at Ciao Italia (I kept saying 'Chao Italia'). We waited for about 30 minutes for a table and it was a very very small table. The restaurant was very compact and could seat only about 40 people?
Dinner was awesome. Being someone who hates creamy pastas, I have to say that Carbonara was great but the catch is, you have to eat it real hot. Ooooo and the chilli mussels, they were so spicy and tasty! I'm salivating now..
Desserts were huge portions and we could not finish them. Left the restaurant with very big stomachsWent to King's Park for a stroll and we finally caught the trees with colourful lights on a Tuesday!!
I think my camera is simply awesome. It takes pictures with 'special effects' when I did not ask it toBye bye King's Park!
Day 23: Perth - Singapore
.jpg)
Qantas really needs to improve their inflight meals.. it sucks
Could see Singapore Expo from air!
Flying back was really a breeze. As tired as I was, somehow I was really glad to see my parents! That marks the end of my Perth trip.. it was really fun! Considering that I spent only a fraction of my savings.. that means that I could go other places!!!
Maybe my dream will really come true!! =D
Thank you all for sticking it out. Man, this trip's all great fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment