Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Perth Graduation Trip -- Tenth Installment

Perth Graduation Trip -- Tenth Installment



Day 17: Esperance Beaches -- Cape Le Grand Beach, Lucky Bay & Thistle Cove


Beware: Image-heavy post, full of beach scenic shots. Skip this post if you are allergic to the most beautiful beaches of Australia.


I thought I heard noises in my sleep and I flung my arm around, only to realise that the other side of the bed was empty. I opened my eyes and there he was, trying to toast some bread with the lousy toaster provided from the caravan park.

He made me this huge sandwich, bacon fried exactly the way I like it and my new favourite breakfast item -- stir-fried mushrooms. Come to think of that, I think I had that almost everyday in Perth.

Checked out of Bathers Paradise Caravan Park and started our day a little late.


Stir-fried mushrooms yummy yummy




See that wooden box on my left? OTS said that was the water heater tank and I used up all the hot water and he had to bathe with cold water in the cold weather because I was the first one to shower, oops teeheehee.


Drove about 40km (that was really nothing to us by then) to Cape Le Grand National Park, where a few beaches are worth the visit, according to a brochure from the visitor centre. We would be camping there for the night!! YAY!



Black swans in the pond.. I thought they were geese, but only swans swim in ponds right?





READ: VERY EXCITED to be in Cape La Grand National Park




After paying the entrance fee (AUD$10) and driving further in




Cape Le Grand Beach, the one nearest to the entrance of the National Park





Stayed dry with my Harry Potter and potato chips





Him running away to swim in the sea!




Honestly, I still prefer Dunsborough Beach because that was calmer..





Him climbing up and down.. we saw a couple of huge lizards crawling on the rocks!



I climbed up too to get a better shot of the ocean







The shoreline







Us with my ever-flying around hair




My little space under the rock, away from the strong sea breeze that left me 'brrrrrrrr'



We found the tent pitching campsite a short five minutes' drive away from Cape Le Grand Beach. There were about ten lots where each individual lot has their own space for at least a ten-man tent and a car lot big enough for a caravan. We took up one, and walked over to the outdoor kitchen to cook our lunch.



Oh oh, I forgot to mention, the potatoes became a breakfast, lunch and dinner favourite too hehe


We originally wanted to stay at the Cape Le Grand Beach Campsite, but we decided to check out the only other campsite in the National Park -- Lucky Bay Campsite. Another ten minutes drive brought us to the most most most breath-taking beach that we have ever seen up till that very moment.



A glimpse of Lucky Bay in the car



Stopping by to take a shot


Compared to the first campsite, this campsite seemed smaller but cosier. There weren't any lots for us to take, just one big compound where everyone can just pitch their tents freely so we decided to pitch our tent there, also because it was just five minutes away from Lucky Bay. Teeheehee.



That's our three-man tent pitched right in front of the car





And off we went to the beach!!!!



You have to give it to Mother Nature.. I know I have said it many many times.. but it's really gorgeous



On my left




On my right




OTS snorkelling around in the middle of the turquoise ocean





Me looking on with envy.. seeing how OTS is enjoying himself thoroughly





Saw a kangaroo sun-tanning on the beach!




And so I tried too




Red-beaked seagull




OTS drew on the hard-like-floor sand





Very fine sand, it was almost like salt





He loves me! *gasps*





What is he doing, honestly?





The sun setting down soon.. this could be around 7pm





Can't get enough of the ocean



You get what I mean hahaha





Parked the car right in front of the viewpoint and I took photos while he tidied up the car




Thistle Cove was about 10 minutes' drive away from Lucky Bay. We made it a point to visit that beach because OTS once gave me a photo of that beach and I thought that the photo was damn beautiful.

However, despite the nice name, Thistle Cove was nothing compared to Lucky Bay.


Some huge natural rock called The Whistling Rock.. no idea what's that green spot





A little comparison between the photo and the real thing







Quicksand! RUN!





Scenic shot



After Thistle Cove, we drove back to our tent and cooked fried rice for dinner again! Wanted to sleep already (I told you about the abnormally early sleeping times I developed in Perth) when we suddenly remembered about the bottle of champagne that we bought in Albany! To celebrate my graduation, we decided to bring the bottle and walk over to the beachside when we saw..



another kangaroo again!!!


I was a little afraid of walking down to the beachside, so I suggested that we drive, even though it would only be five minutes if we walked. Those little hoppies came by again while we were driving down.

The beach was dark except for the very very bright moonlight that night. We popped the champagne and I drank a little while OTS had most of it. Which explains his red face in the next photo. I know.. it's just champagne right! Anyway we ran around the beach, shaking the bottle violently and trying to spritz champagne on each other so most of the it was drank by the sand. Hehe. Oh, we found the cork the next day we visited the beach again. Haha.




Bedtime.. very sleepy.


Because OTS had presumably more alcohol, he was feeling very warm and he opened up the window of the tent WHICH HE FORGOT TO CLOSE IT WHEN HE WAS FEELING COOLER. I WAS SHIVERING THE WHOLE NIGHT. I wore

1) a bra
2) a T-shirt
3) a pullover
4) a cardigan
5) a pair of long sleeping pants
6) a pair of socks

and was still shivering! I roused him and made him zip up.. THE WINDOW LAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment