Tuesday, January 27, 2009

To My Best Friend In The World

To My Best Friend In The World


Today, my best friend has left me for the sixth time since we knew each other a couple of years back. I thought that I should really be used to it but he had to make me cry, even though he promised not to.

In front of him, I always bragged about how I would not be clingy and will hold my tears back, but he is the only one who knew that I would be crying my guts out the very night he left when I go to bed. The whole world does not know, but he knows.

He gives extra hugs at the airport to console and comfort me, and he also knows that doing that would only make me miss him more. But what else can we say? What else can we do?

This time, the destination is Osaka. A whole new environment for him, a new chapter in my life for me. More uncertainty, less assurance. As much as we hope that the 'flying around' thing would just stop and if only we would be blessed with more time with each other, 'making do with it' is what we can do best for ourselves, I guess.

To my best friend, although I will be missing you alot, although you would be unable to call me as often as when you were in Perth, although I would be unable to cook you lunch, although you would miss bringing me breakfasts, although I would not visit the Crocodile Farm without you, although you would have to go jogging without me as a new-found kaki, although I would not go swimming without you, although I lost the Bob Marley CD (I will find it somehow), although you are sick of the Jay songs that I play in the car, although we haven't had a single tau hway supper this holiday, please enjoy the life and experiences in Osaka and bring back your fondest memories to share them with me, your best friend over here.

Don't let our efforts go futile.



Because you're not just my boyfriend, you are my best friend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment