Day 4: Karrinyup
As I mentioned in my previous post, we picked up our parents from the airport and went back to OTS's mom's house. Rested for awhile before we went out again, this time to Karrinyup Shopping Centre for some light shopping. There was this unique shop that sold lingerie packaged in very cute boxes (like sweets and lollipops) but I did not buy because shopping wasn't on my priority list. Also because I only budgeted $100AUD into my list. =(
.jpg)
One of the suburb shopping centres
So we went back to Balcatta (where OTS's mom's house is) and had dinner at Wah Do! This Chinese restaurant serves the most delicious Salt and Pepper Spare Ribs that I have ever tasted!
1.jpg)
One plate is just not enough.. I wish I had more
And we went to King's Park, AGAIN! Only this time, with the folks. Yes, we did not catch the colourful lighted trees on that day as well. I wonder when will we ever see it? Oh oh, King's Park is totally dark. I remember the first time OTS drove me there via the darker long road right, I heard one of my dad's sayings ringing in my head: ‘小心啊,他要骗你去卖钱。’-__-
2.jpg)
For your info, Nikon cameras generate better nightshots than Canon cameras
Then we went home and slept! This is where I started cultivating the habit of sleeping at 10pm over there.. mostly because there's nothing for me to do. LOL.
Day 5: Subiaco Market, Cottlesloe Beach & Swan Belltower
This day, we dropped by Subiaco Market to get some groceries! En route there, I saw a morning breakfast shop and bought a cup of coffee! That was life. Drinking coffee on a cold morning, ah....
3.jpg)
Looking at the pastries and sandwiches just makes me salivates
The mothers saw stalls selling fruits and started buying them. The trip to the market really opened my eyes to the world of marketing, grocery marketing. I have never seen so many types of vegetables before.. And we bought many many kinds of macadamia nuts! Honey roasted, salted, garlic and even smoked! I have no idea why when in Perth, I was exceptionally infatuated with veggies. Every lunch or dinner, I would bug OTS and ask 'veggies leh???'. Haha!
4.jpg)
I wished I had bought every kind of veggie and tried to cook them!
On our way to Cottlesloe Beach again, we passed by the Rose Garden so we got down and took some pictures!
5.jpg)
If only I could pick some roses home, hurhur
Looking at my mother's expression when she saw the beach, I knew that she loved the view. Below are just a few of the many photos that she took. 真是佩服了那些红毛,那么冷也能游泳!
6.jpg)
Too bad it was too cold to swim in the sea
Sometimes I wonder if OTS is bored of visiting all these places with me or my parents because he's been there so many times already? It's like asking me to visit Sentosa with my friends from abroad and seeing them go 'WAHHHHH!!! VERY NICE!!!'. Like what the fuck. But don't care la baby, I have never seen ang moh (nude) beaches before leh.
Next on schedule (yes, he keeps a schedule of where to visit on which day) we went to Swan Belltower. I think this tower houses some of the oldest bells (in the world? on Earth? in Australia?) and itself is a bell chamber that contains many many huge bells. We were there at the right timing because we managed to catch the chiming bells performance where the bells were being manually pulled by people two levels below them.
7.jpg)
That's on the 6th level and wind was blowing very strongly.. I almost zhaogeng-ed in one of the photos taken.. WILL NOT POST IT UP!
And since we were near the city, I requested to go to the city and
8.jpg)
I know.. from the pictures, hardly look like a city right?
This pretty much sums up the first two days of my parents' arrival in Perth. Next installment is about the trip to Busselton, Margaret River and Dunsborough! You know what you should do. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment