Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Perth Graduation Trip -- First Installment

Perth Graduation Trip -- First Installment


Day 1: Singapore to Perth

It was my first time flying alone and surprisingly, I liked the experience. The solitude I had on the plane was quite refreshing and I love just wandering around in the airport alone, not having to wait for anybody. The meal I had onboard sucks (as you can see) and the inflight entertainment was mediocre. Interestingly, I found myself glued to Journey to the Center of the Earth and I had 2 seats to myself.



The journey to Perth, Western Australia


OTS was late! Hmm, technically he wasn't late, my flight landed early so I cleared the customs pretty quickly and went out to sit down and read my Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Before long, I felt someone breathing behind my neck (I had half a mind to punch whoever it was but I thought it might be OTS) so I turned and there he was! At last after 5 months of waiting and planning, my Perth trip was going to kick off finally.


Day 2: Trinity College

The next day, after settling down in his college room, I became his chambermaid and started to pack up some of the things that he needed to bring home while he studied for his last paper. Armed with a packet chips that he bought for me and a big cup of coffee, I sat on his huge leather chair and watched 胭脂水份 the whole day. He was so distracted and he kept commenting on the story while he studied when he did not even like to watch Cantonese shows! I guess, compared to mugging for exams, everything else is so much more interesting.



I became his cook, maid and entertainer


He told me it would be summer in November so all I brought were just shorts and dresses and perhaps maybe a cardigan or two. But I realised that it could get very very cold at night and I even found myself shivering at one point. So I called home and told my mother that it felt like I'm in Genting, the very very cold in the morning kind so that she could bring more clothes over for me. There were times when I had to close his balcony door completely to stop the cold wind from blowing in and snuggle into the blanket. Now I know what is OTS's meaning of 'summertime'.. I can't imagine his 'wintertime' though.

Later in the evening, OTS figured out that he needed a stroll so we drove around to get some sun and air before going back to prepare dinner and retiring early as his paper was on the next morning.



This was around 6pm to 7pm.. still very bright!


Day 3: Sumptuous Dinner!!

After his paper, we moved some of his stuff back home before going for dinner at Villa Picasso with his mom. And I finally ate my chilli mussels! The seafood platter we had was huge!


I think I can finish one bowl of chilli mussels myself


Then we went pator-ing and he brought me to King's Park. We went there the previous night but I forgot to bring out my camera with me so he promised that he would bring me there again. Apparently we were trying to see if we could catch the day when colourful lights would be shone on the trees but I think we missed it.



Perth City night view

See the long wall at the bottom of the collage? He told me it's The Whispering Wall. He ran to the one end and spoke towards the wall while I stood at the other end and I could hear every word he said!

Went to Cottlesloe Beach and it was the first time in my life that I saw so many seagulls flying around! Nights in Perth were very very cold, much less to say if you were by the beach.


Cottlesloe Beach


We went back to his college to move more stuff back home and finally slept only at 2am, which was a dread, because we had to pick my parents up from the airport at 7am. However, these 3 days were very fulfilling for us as we always talked about us spending time together in the college, where the only impression I had previously was seeing everything from the webcam.

This is only the first installment of the three weeks that I have spent in Perth, so please stay tuned for more. I know it took awhile but stay patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment