Here are the long awaited wedding-related photos. I think they took up at least 5GB of my 500GB harddisk. Tsk tsk. The wedding first starts with a day that is set aside for the 新郎 to 过大礼, which actually means a day for the groom to present betrothal gifts to the bride's family.
Seriously, if you're not interested in the photos, log off my blog now! Image-heavy post! Don't say I didnt warn you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24th May 2008: 过大礼
This was what he brought -- the first layer of the basket contains oranges, 四点金 (4-set jewellery) and 聘金 (bride price).
The second layer -- a box of 结婚礼糖 (traditional Teochew wedding cakes) and 橙面条 (orange noodles). From what I know, the noodles are for cooking on the wedding day itself.
The third layer -- two bottles of Cordon Bleu Martell.
Supposed to empty out the basket,
keep the 'gifts' (聘金 and all),
and replace them with oranges and orange syrup. As you can see, traditional wedding procedures are very big on auspicious colours, even syrups.
This, in my humble opinion, is so bo hua for the groom! LOL, do you even know how much a bottle of Cordon Bleu Martell retails at?!
四点金. My mum told me that in the past, only Teochew families would ask for 四点金,but it seems like everyone now is doing it!
One whole tub of RED stuffs, has their different meanings I guess, looks like everything has to come in pairs!
龙凤烛
These stuffs are my sister's 嫁妆. Got alot right?! There are more but I didn't take any pictures of them.
The 过大礼 ceremony ends when they bring her stuffs over to the groom's place. Now for the Big Day's photos!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21st June 2008: The Wedding
Make-up artist at my house at freaking 5AM!!!!

Her bridal manicure and pedicure VS mine that looks so =/ next to hers
Putting on the veil
I hope my Post-it notes on the wall did not really spoil the photo, =P
Ever seen a bride playing PSP?
Do we look alike?
Bride made all the Sisters wear white dresses and also a small tiara on our heads! =( I think she's trying to uglify us so that she would be the prettiest on that day.
Good friends Phoebe and Cheryl
Cousins Jacqueline and Soo Hui! If you guys remember, the cousin in the middle is the one who got married in Jan earlier this year. She's here to 报仇, I think, for tekan-ing her husband when she got married. Haha.
Papa and Mama. They looked very happy.
Us!
With Ah Ma! I don't know what Mama is looking at. It vaguely reminds me of a photo she took when she was still a kid:
HAHAHAHAHA! YES she looked like a boy!
Time to prepare games!

Woohoo!
接受我们的挑战吧!姐妹们,上!Introducing the Sisters: Shuhaila, me, Soo Hui, Bride, Jacqueline, Phoebe, Cheryl and Li Zhu.
Papa and Mama covering the veil..
They are my neighbour's kids. They got up real early and placed two chairs at their front door to get 'front row seats' to watch how we tekan the brothers! Haha!
Supposed to be a 奸笑 shot! How come I'm the only one doing it?!
Bright and early, 7.30am at Block 69,
here comes the Chrysler honking away.
Introducing the Brothers: Garant, Zhan Rong, Luo Yi, Groom, Han Cheng and Yan Fa
Whoosh! Cry of victory. Heh heh heh.
The gate-crashing and negotiations start... NOW. (Look at my face! LOL)
We demand one more. 'Sing dollar, no ringgit!'
WTF! THAI BAHT?! Wait a minute now, are we tekan-ing them or are they tekan-ing us instead?
Okay never mind. First test: Wasabi toothpaste.
Brush, brush, brush!
Papa chips in to help!
Yay one more ang pow!
WTF! VIETNAM DONGS!?!?!?! 'How come all South-east Asian currencies, ah?'
Okay never mind. Second test: have some breakfast!
'Eh, nothing wrong with the buns leh.'
'Help to eat leh!'
I hope it's Sing dollars.
Yes, it is! But only $8! 一人一张都不够分lor! *scoffs*
Okay never mind. Third test: Finger Exercise! Wet your finger, and dip it into pepper..
Hmmm.. this is salt!
Coffee powder! sidenote: Garant says he hates coffee.
Zhan Rong is honest. He asked for Milo. We give.
More ang pow please! This is a very thick one.
'WAH! Many many $2 notes! 这个就够分了!'
to kiap the mahjong tiles and form the formation of..
Yay finally
Groom has to read a poem to Bride..
Trying hard to read the chinese characters, haha!
After reading it,
Groom has to seal it with a kiss! (Oh my god, disgusting)
Ta da!!
娶新娘咯!
掀头纱..
We made them kiss for 10 seconds. Haha.
More photo-taking times!!
Look at the Bride, she look so 爽.
Yeah our 'salary' for the day!!
Family photo.
出门咯!
Luckily it was bright and sunny, unlike the day before and the day after..
The Groom's family at Toa Payoh, just a short 10 minutes' drive away.
Back at my house for the tea ceremony.
It's my turn! Ang pow , here I come!! 姐姐,喝茶!姐夫,喝茶!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The day event ends here, so please stay tuned for the next installment of photos for the wedding banquet. I don't know when it will be, but I took two freaking days to upload these!
No comments:
Post a Comment