This time round, I flew Jetstar and got really lucky - three seats all myself! Okay, I schemed a little. I told one of the crew that I had a bad back and asked if I could take the second last row since it was empty. Had such a wonderful flight being able to lie my body down straight. 'Cept that it was really cold onboard and I definitely under-packed my hand carry!
| My travel essentials - shawl and my little mini bolster for my back |
Caught a pretty sunrise when we were approaching Perth. It was like sleeping on a bed of clouds.
| Such a beautiful sight. |
Tex picked me up from the airport and off we went to have breakfast! I can't remember if we actually did have breakfast in the end, but what I recalled was that he dropped himself at school and I drove Rosie home. Talking about assimilation into other countries' culture, can't get any faster than this.
Reached his place and immediately changed into pyjamas to get comfortable!
| Mama-made pyjamas pants are the best! |
Cooked myself an easy lunch, took a nap before heading out to pick Tex up from school.
Turns out that unknowingly, we bought each other gifts! He got me a Canon Powershot S110 camera and I got him an iPad mini. Now we can both Skype each other without disruptions yay!!
| My little purchase from the airport :) |
Tex's Mum treated us to dimsum the next day! Ever since Hong Kong in 2007, I have been really careful in choosing dimsum as my meals but this was quite yummeh!
This Salt & Pepper Squid is my favourite! I like anything salt and pepper, I realise.
| The husband with his new toy. Downloaded games immediately, basket. |
And I made Cheese Baked Potatoes with Bacon & Onions.
Ingredients:
- Three big-sized potatoes
- One big white onion
- Four slices of back bacon
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese, around 600g
- Salt & Pepper
- Celery leaves for garnishing
- One Masterfoods Creamy Cheesy Potato Bake recipe base
- One cup of thickened cream
Preparation:
- Slice the potatoes thinly. All of them needs to be of the same thickness so that all will bake evenly. I suggest each piece to be around 0.5cm thick at most.
- Dice the onion and slice the back bacon into small strips.
- Combine the thickened cream and the recipe base together. Stir and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Stir fry the onions and bacon until the onions turn soft and the bacon turn a little brown.
- Oil your baking tray with butter generously.
- Arrange the potato slices in a way that they stack diagonally above each other like fallen dominoes.
- After the first layer, spread the stir-fried onion and bacon thinly on top of the potato layer.
- Repeat Step 3 and 4 if you still have potatoes.
- Pour the cream and recipe base mixture over the potatoes.
- Cover the tray with foil and bake in over for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for a further 15 mins at 180 deg uncovered.
- Check on the cheese and if they start to brown, let it bake until your desired colour!
- Garnish with celery leaves and tuck in!
From the photos above, you can see that I kinda burnt the sides a little. That's because I forgot to turn the temperature of the oven down after taking out the foil and topping the dish with cheese. So always keep a lookout! They melt so much faster than you think.
That's all for today! It's challenging to be blogging from memory and trying to remember things that happened close to three months back! I hope to be blogging next about my bucket list item and also the best birthday present I ever received in my entire life - a skydiving experience!
YAY!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment