The day is here! Woohoo!!
After many trials and tribulations (haha, are you still playing Phoenix Wright from Nintendo DS Lite?), Tex and I finally got married. It's been a tough year since he proposed to me. Once I read it somewhere that, the year which you prepare for your wedding, you will find out about your partner more than you ever did during the course of your courtship. I think it's very true.
We've had our happy times and fights but we are so glad we went through every single one of it and came out stronger. There was a period when times were really rocky but looking back, every situation was a test put to us. There's no pass or fail, just lessons to learn from. And we thank everyone who have heard our sorrows, happiness, complaints, excitement.
Thank you all who dropped me notes and emails to tell me to jiayou! :)
My day started at 5:00AM. Woke up, took a quick shower and started my make-up! Yes! Very impressed with Kate Middleton doing her own make-up on her wedding day so Tex thought I could probably do my own make-up too. Challenge accepted! Save money number one!
So while I was doing my make-up, my cousin arrived at my house. He was also my hairstylist. Hahahaha, I can do many things on my own, but styling my hair is not one of them. When it comes to hairstyling my hair, I'd rather pay someone to do it! Not to mention, my cousin did it for me for free! Save money number two! Yep, he's a hairstylist. :)
 |
| Cuzzie's kachang! |
 |
| Requested for a really simple bun-up hairdo |
Tex came to pick me up and off we go! Handed me a red gerbera. Love his small little heartwarming gestures like that.
 |
| 贴心之举 |
 |
| With the boutonniere I made for him. |
Also, I made my own bouquet as I am a big lover of pearl embellishments. I think pearls exude a classy feel that many seem to think would suit only matured ladies. I beg to differ. :)
The bouquet took me about three weeks to finish, which I figure could be shorter because I took my own sweet time to do, clocking about perhaps one hour a day? All pearls used are Swarovski pearls and blings and boy, are they not cheap!
 |
| Handmade pearl bouquet |
Tex's colleagues were lovely enough to buy flowers and vines from the florists to help us decorate the venue! I must say flowers really do make a whole lot of difference to a decoration!
 |
| With my best best best friends! |
 |
| Also made a small bouquet for Xylia! |
 |
| With his best best best friends! |
 |
| My parents! |
 |
| His parents! |
 |
| With my sister, brother-in-law, Xylia, Xarius and Cuzzie! |
 |
| Thank you for the hairdo! |
 |
| Do we look alike? Okay, I know, she more photogenic hahaha! |
 |
| With my new family :) |
Tex's colleagues also broke apart our invitation card to them and churned up an awesome card!!! They are really goddamn creative!
 |
| His new family :) |
Then it was 9:00AM! Jasper, our timekeeper has spoken! Hahahaha!
 |
| Taking a deep breath. |
 |
| Looking perplexed hahahaha! |
 |
| Our solemniser |
This is Tex's boss, who is also our solemniser! He has very kindly agreed to officiate our marriage, in his office, no less. Hahahaha!
We didn't get matching wedding bands as we felt that it was really unnecessary. Besides, I do not like wearing too many rings on my fingers. I feel that with my engagement ring as my wedding ring, it is more meaningful for me to just wear this one and only one. :)
After ring exchange, it would be time to read our vows. Tex whipped out his.. A3-sized paper with his vows on it, wtf.
 |
| He mentioned my toothy grin. Here it is! |
 |
| Here comes 9th August 1965 moment. Hahaha!!! |
 |
| 礼成! Hwaiting!! Why did I look stoned? LOL |
 |
| Sneaky grins from us hurhurhur. |
 |
| Legal. :D |
 |
| Our ringbox |
 |
| Ello cute Leanne!! |
 |
| 阿嬷!! |
 |
| 14 years and counting. The girls that I can always, always fall back on. |
 |
| Thorn among the roses. |
 |
| BESTIE. |
 |
| With Tex's colleagues! |
 |
| Cass and Aloy! My two wonderful photographers! |
Special shout-out to Cass who is (now, was) my colleague and is also a freelance wedding photographer! Her boyfriend (now, fiancé) also takes wedding videos and they are a tag-team! Really blessed to have met her and become buddies at work! Now that she has left, my work has become even more boring than ever!
 |
| :))) |
 |
| Men. |
 |
| Thanks Leanne, you have made it to our first family shoot! LOL |
 |
| Stephie our capable mum! |
 |
| With the most giving girl ever. |
Wow that was quite a bit of photos, haha. Am too lazy now but I'll be posting photos from the brunch in the later posts! Thinking back, I'm so glad we didn't take the easy way out to prepare for our solemnisation - this definitely turned out the way we liked and wanted it. :)
Shall end with an excerpt from my vows:
"The world may toss us around but I commit to stand by you, push you towards your dreams, defend you in public and respect you even when no one is looking."
Congrats and lovely dress :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind words!
ReplyDelete