Thursday, December 13, 2012

Wedding Bells Everywhere!

November and December are such happy months to be in with wedding bells ringing almost every weekend!

Which brings me to remember my own little private proposal in the midst of preparing my very little cosy and humble solemnisation happening this coming January.

There are so many reasons that I love how Tex proposed and one of it was, no-frills, just me and him. Just like how he like his life, simple and not complicated. The way he did it, totally reflected how he lives his life and envisions our lives together - contentment with simplicity, fiercely private and no need for extra decorations like flowers or balloons or an expensive dinner with an awesome view. Not that I really give a damn about. Actually, he forgot to buy flowers and with an afterthought, we still couldn't fathom out the reason behind the presence of flowers with a proposal so we let it go anyway.

All I felt and heard was him and his words, only for my ears. Memories that can be remembered in our minds for a very very long time.

To be honest, I did make some noise about him not pulling his weight around in the preparation of the solemnisation. However, when he said, "Baby, all I want and need is you. The rest are secondary." I know he is right. He has no need for fanciful invites, candy table, meals, decorations but I know he will put in his best efforts to do it with me, if I really wanted it badly.

So thank you baby. I believe what I am preparing now is really minimal compared to the rest of the brides out there.

For those brides-to-be, what is your significance in marriage?

Remember, it's the marriage that counts, not the wedding. So don't sweat the little things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment