Sunday, October 16, 2011

咱们家的老佛爷过大寿咯!

It's 阿嬷's 86th birthday this year, but you know how it goes with the old folks - 'must add one more year because it's lunar birthday' etc etc.

All I know is, 阿嬷 was born in 1925. Do the math. She is 86. Period.

So the day started with Soo Hui and I wanting to buy a cake for her and decided to get one from Fruit Paradise instead. Had such a hard time agreeing to what flavours we should get! She favoured the Chocolate Berries but I wanted Mixed Fruits. So we scissors-paper-stoned and she won. THEN I pointed out to her that Chocolate Berries is too small to be shared by 20 pax and she was sooooo disappointed.

Mixed Fruits for the win!

While waiting for our cake to be baked, we had a tart set too! Okay la, don't say I this elder cousin never give in to youngest cousin - treated her to a slice of Chocolate Berries tart!


Chocolate Berries tart with Royal Chamomile Tea

See? She's so happy.
After waiting for slightly less than two hours, we got the cake! The shop assistant asked us how many candles we needed, I told her 88. Eight big, eight small.

Then we went for dinner at Macpherson.



That's Long Choon connecting with baby Caden

Say 'Cheese'!!!

Soo Hui and me!

Add in baby Xylia

Ah Yi and Xylia's connection time


THE CAKE!!

Happy Birthday, 阿嬷!


That's 四代同堂!
Hoping for more of such family outings to come! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment