It wouldn't be the best book I've ever read, but it's definitely, by far, the book I can relate most to. Not that I've read widely ever.
Those scenes - Savannah crying into her face when John drove away leaving for army, the exhilaration both of them felt when John went back to Charleston during his leave, the urge to run at full tilt and jump into his arms at first sight - something I've always had the fucking urge to, but never got the guts to do in Singapore Changi Airport.
I didn't tear, but I caught myself nodding furiously at some points of the book, totally agreeing with Nicholas Sparks.
Dear John - The Movie
It was wonderful to see John Tyree come into life in the shape Of Channing Tatum. Extremely nice shape, I must say. Made me love John Tyree even more.
I hate that they took away the last scene where Savannah and John were staring at the full moon together, but not really together? I thought that fully reiterated the point that they were meant for each other. It was such a pity Savannah had to give up so early but never really gave up on John totally.
However, it was such a consolation that they redeemed the most pitiful part in the movie - getting them back together - something Nicholas Sparks never did in the book. I guess that's why the book's more intriguing than the movie.
I'm sorry darling, I know I
Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment