Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Return Of OTS!

The Return Of OTS!


For more than three weeks prior to his return, I had been lying to him about my actual return date from Malaysia. The real date was 1st July, a Tuesday, but I've been telling him that I would be coming back on Wednesday instead!

So when I arrived at Singapore on Tuesday, I showered and pretended to sms him from Malaysia then I got to know that he was currently at the NTUC with his grandmother. I quickly drove over to the NTUC near his house and when I was walking towards the supermarket, I did not realise he was pushing his grandmother, who was on a wheelchair, walking in my directions.

Then I saw him. The tall and lean figure, pushing an old woman whom I assumed immediately was his grandmother. He was wearing a cap. That usual him! He squinted at me and it was almost instantaneous that his eyes kind of twinkled and his face broke into a big wide smile.

Then the funny thing happened.

HE LET GO OF THE WHEELCHAIR AND WALKED TOWARDS ME TO HUG ME! AND WHEN HE DID, FROM THE CORNER OF MY EYE, I SAW THE POOR LADY ROLLING AWAY AND SHE DID NOT HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA THAT HER DEAR GRANDSON JUST 'ABANDONED' HER. I QUICKLY PUSHED HIM AWAY, POINTED AT THE OLD LADY AND STUTTERED 'AH MA! AH MA!'

It was then when he realised what he had done and ran back to catch the wheelchair! HAHAHAHA!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd July 2008: Our Food Escapade 14 -- Ding Tai Feng @ Paragon






Look how happy he is to eat 小笼包!




Yum yum, this is not enough.




Oh my favourite 猪扒面!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


3rd July 2008: Our Food Escapade 15 -- Carnivore @ VivoCity




Another indulgence! Brazilian Churrascaria!




Hmm potato munchies!




Greens from the salad counter




Grilled fish! It was a bit too hard though..




Pork sausage was OKAY..




Pineapple has got to be the best over here!




Very full!




Going back to his house to get the van!




=D


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd July 2008: Singapore Ferris Wheel (Goddamn it, I know it's called Singapore Flyer)



After lunch, we drove to my house to slack around and have dinner with my parents before we decided to drive to Marina Promenade to 拍拖!




Was sitting around the rooftop chatting, while staring at the Ferris Wheel, before he decided that we should be tourisy and have a go at it. An impromptu decision!




Very excited at the sudden decision. Was there at the Promenade mainly for some Gelatissimo in the first place!





Waiting at the platform..




Got in!




First view that we saw





Don't mind the curiosity. We paid good money for it okay?!








Getting higher..




At highest point! I just don't know how high. Haha!












Changing views soon..




By this time, we were already getting bored. The same music had been playing continuously for the past 20 minutes and there weren't any introduction made over the cabin. It was getting so BORING that we couldn't wait to get down.







As you all can see, I kept taking photos because I had nothing to do!






Overlooking the floating platform.. NDP rehearsals I think!





OTS then got sick of me taking lousy night shots thus..




he taught me how to max-out my camera's exposure to capture better and brighter shots at night! Cool right?!





This shot is postcard material, man! *bhb*











Yay, what a couply date!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


5th July 2008: Yuet Wei's 21st Birthday BBQ!



Didnt have time to stay around for the BBQ thus OTS drove me there to pass her her present and ate one sausage and drank one can of 7up before we left for our movie in town! I forgot what we watched.. Oh yar it's Hancock.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7th July 2008: Our Food Escapade 16 -- Donut Factory @ Raffles Marketplace




Many many donuts! My all-time favourite Kaya White Chocolate!




Very happy with all the donuts in and out of my stomach!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8th July 2008: To market, to market!




Okay, he looks a little annoyed.




The plastic bag he's carrying, contains both our traditional chinese medicine to be brought home to brew!




While waiting for his sister to pick us up, he noticed this car with an anus and pointed it out! Haha, damn ugly lor. Imagine when the engine is being lit, the exhaust fumes will look like cartoonated farts instead!




Bah!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9th July 2008: Another Attempt At Skimboarding


We started the day bright and early with a trip to the beach!






Trying to look like Bae Yong Jun! Then this should be Summer Sonata instead, hah!




While he's having fun, this dutiful gf over here sits down on the towel that he had spread on the beach for me, reading and writing notes, taking random pictures.




Yeah, yeah I acted cute. I don't need to act one what.




Still trying to look like Bae? 一点都不像咯!




ERRRRRM. God bless.




Hee, time to go school!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


9th July 2008: Yuet Wei's 21st Birthday!



Birthday girl!




Dellia, good job for stooping down to the same level as us, literally.




We chorused, "Happy Birthday to you,"




"Happy Birthday to you,"




"Happy Birthday to Yuet Wei,"




"Happy Birthday to you!"




Okay it's not my birthday why so many pictures of me? Well, technically it's my blog and why do you care?! Actually it's because of the bouquet of gerberas! So nice!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


12th July 2008: Night Out With Nicole



Went shopping with Nicole cos OTS was away in Tioman!




Took many pictures while waiting for OTS's sister to come pick us up cos we were going to his/her house watch DVDs! We decided to watch Ladder 49 instead. Very nice show!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


13th July 2008: An Incomplete Surprise




Actually this picture has not nothing to do with the title but what the heck, my mum's western pork chops are damn nice! Anyway, while I was eating this, I received a sms around 6.30pm.

"Hey is there any chance you can pick me up from Golden Mile at 7pm? I'm across the customs soon." Ooooh, it's from OTS.

"Yeah I suppose I can.. But what the hell are you doing there in the first place?!" He is only supposed to come back the following day!

"OH SHIT. I thought I msged my sister. Never mind then, come and pick me up anyway!"


What a spoiler. He started much earlier than me in planning the surprise! So we tried to surprise each other the same way, but I managed to succeed!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


14th July 2008: Our Food Escapade 17 -- Homemade Breakfast With Luuurrrvveee (EEEE cheesy)



Ingredients: white bread, baked beans, sliced cheese, Bratwursts, black pepper ham, white mushrooms, streaky bacon, eggs and yoghurt (yucks!!)






Fluffy french toast! Yummy!




Although he refused to let me help, but I insisted on slicing the mushrooms anyway. Cos mushrooms are one of the best ingredients to slice! Oh potatoes are very nice to slice too!






He seems to be taking it easy..




Three portions! His, mine and his sister's. Presentation of food is important.




I got bored and decided to fry some sunny side-ups! Isn't it awesome! ^.^




African.




Caucasian.




Toasted cheese on black pepper ham!




Is it abit too much for 2 persons? Haha!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


15th July 2008: Slacking At Home!




The first thing I saw when I reached his house. Sudi was in an odd and twisted position. Hahaha!




Getting boliao.




Don't slap my face lar. (傻笑)





:E



Yay, his arm is long enough!




After watching Red Cliff at Cine, when we went over to the car, we were shocked to see the car full of jiao sai! No wonder I call it the 名副其实的 Bird Shit Carpark.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


16th July 2008: Our Food Escapade 18 -- Edogawa @ Novena Velocity & MacRitchie Stroll




His tonkatsu set!




I forgot what was mine, but it was very tasty!




Okonomiyaki!




As the lecture ended early, we went over to MacRitchie to have a stroll.





Nope, I am not endorsing the coconut drink I'm holding in my hand.






In the olden days, other than taking photos with the telephone in your hand and smiling, you take pictures on bridges too! And your hand MUST be rested on the railing and the photo must be sepia-ed.





I have a feeling the next time I come MacRitchie, I will be forced by OTS to wear my running attire and sports shoes. Looks like the 'I can't find my sports shoes!' excuse is not working anymore.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th July 2008: What A Romantic Night!

I have no pictures for this day, but I just wanna share how surprising OTS can be.
So embarrassing!

Like a usual date, after watching The Dark Knight, he sent me home. And as we walked to the van that was parked in a back alley right under a lamp post, he stopped me in my tracks and turned over to play the CD from Lisa Ono (awwww!!), before facing me again.

Before I knew it, we started....







NO, NOT KISSING! WHAT WERE YOU GUYS THINKING!

We started dancing! He led me and then I stupidly followed. While laughing in surprise, I asked,

"What are you doing?!"

He said, "I'm creating memories that we can both look back on, and smile."


Hmmm, maybe Singaporean guys can be quite romantic after all.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


18th July 2008: Our Food Escapade 19 -- Swensen's Sundaes @ Crown Prince




My Cookie Summit.




His Sticky Chewy Chocolate.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


19th July 2008: Our Food Escapade 20 -- Kopi Roti @ Killiney Kopitiam & A Walk To Fort Canning




Mee Rubus, not one of their favourites, but I'm not a big fan of Kopi Roti. He is.




Yum, that's my teh too. Haha.




Then we went to Fort Canning!




What an ugly shot!






I wonder why?




Yay, I spotted a swing!






Wah, so tak glam.









Tried and tested, Fort Canning is a nice place to 拍拖. Other than that, the most romantic government agency is near there too! *winks*


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


19th July 2008: Primary School Gathering




It was a small simple BBQ affair at Wee Liang's house, a guy whom I used to go to tuitions with.




I haven't seen some of them since the last day of my PSLE exams ten years ago!




That's Hui Yi, whose brother was my sister's classmate cum friend.




Yuan Hong, whose twin sister was my secondary school classmate.




Me, Tian Loong, Wee Liang and Hui Yi




Tian Loong, Yuan Hong, Wee Liang, Hui Yi and Zhi Jian




Dinesh Kumar. He said I used to pinch him alot! And he purposely wore white so that he could stand out in pictures! Haha!




Tian Loong. Haha can you believe that he could still vaguely remember my house phone number? I remember that when we were in primary school, we used to call each other very frequently to ask about homework! That time no handphones leh.




Hoi Man and me.




Iris Choy. She used to be a damn geeky girl and her maid would carry her bag wherever she go! Hah!




Felicia, me and Hoi Man




Chun Kit! He was my primary three classmate and he used to sit beside when we were learning Han Yu Pin Yin. I remember him keep chanting, "摸来摸去的摸!"




Mr. 开门就好, who agreed to lent his place for the gathering




Wenxu, whose sister is my sister's classmate, whose uncle used to sell fire startlers during Chinese New Year, whose family used to be my grandma's neighbours!




Felicia, whose house I used to go very often until she adopted a dog called Bobby, I never stepped foot into her house again. Haha!




Wen Yao, who is the only Lee Kuo Chuan-transferred-Moulmein Pri person in the gathering! Haha!




Last but not least, Zhi Jian, whose surname was Yeong and was always right behind me in the register when my surname was still Xu.


I thought it would be damn awkward meeting up with friends that I have not seen for many years. Looks like it wasn't that bad after all!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


20th July 2008: Our Food Escapade 21 -- Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh @ Rangoon Road




The famous Bak Kut Teh House! If I'm not wrong, they are so strict about their operating hours that even minister come also reject leh!




OTS lovessssssss..




their Chinese tea!




But I like this kind of teh more, haha!




His must-eat hoonteng,also known as 粉肠.




What a pig. Walk around Sim Lim for a few hours only what.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


21st July 2008: Our Food Escapade 22 -- Pizza Hut @ United Square and Fish Spa!




All time favourite, Minestrone Soup




Chef's Salad with Roasted Chicken and Lime Mayonnaise! Something I have been craving for, for a long long time!




Starbites Pizza, or is it Starlight?




With Hawaiian toppings!




We went on to have some ice cream! I had Kopi C Ecstasy while he had Strawberry something something.




I think it's a new ice cream parlour!





Haha he and his sister managed to find a portable toilet seat for their granny!




And we found an amazing food outlet!




Basically it's just flavoured you tiao coupled with unique dips like chocolate dip or caramel dip or mango dip and more!




AND WE WENT FOR FISHSPA!




God, it was damn traumatic can. For the first 5 mins I don't even dare to put my feet inside cos the fishes were like to black and big and nothing like what I saw in other people's blogs! Their fishes were so small and tiny compared to mine? Somemore they were black! All the more frightening!




They never let go.




This guy enjoying 池鱼之殃.




So ticklish you wanna scream!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


22nd July 2004: Jurong Wave Pool & Our Food Escapade 23 -- Yella Fella & J.Co Donuts @ Bugis Junction



Pretty sunny day at the pool




Very empty -- normal for a weekday, I guess








I do miss Sentosa's Fantasy Island! It was soooooo much more fun than NTUC's Wild Wild Wet!







I was actually very afraid that he would throw me into the water.. which he did! 他妈的!




On our way to search for nice finger food!





My Yella Fellas with salsa topping!





His with Cheddar Cheese and Garlic Yoghurt. (I know, it sounds weird.)





This reminds me of Cooking Mama 2! (56 sticks!!!!)




Yummy J.Co donuts! If Donut Factory's standards are not dropping, J.Co is definitely catching up. Check out the glazed flavour! It's from the simplest and plainest flavour that you get to taste the wonders!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


23rd July 2008: Our Food Escapade 24 -- Curry Favor @ Stamford Road and Gloria Jeans @ Raffles Marketplace




Mushies!!




The likes.




His stew pork curry!




My chicken and fish combo. It was quite nice, but imcomparable to Liang Court's I guess!




Tiramisu!!




Mocha Latte




And my usual Cookies 'n Creme





Last day of 拍拖-ing before he leaves..


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


23rd July 2008: Our Food Escapade 25 -- Long Beach @ East Coast




Looks weird. Haha.




My favourite kind of 包!




Chilli crab!!




Black pepper crab!!!




Another mushie spinach! I love spinach!




Wahhhhhh steamed fish!!!




Last but not least, mango pudding!

I'm feeling hungry already. =(


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


24th July 2008: Our Food Escapade 26 -- Nasi Lemak @ MacRitchie Reservoir & Departure



We waited so damn fucking long for this plate of nasi lemak okay?! Cook rice from scratch, fry the chicken sticks from scratch (and I think the ikan bilis too), then veggies then eggs! But it's so NOT worth it. =(






Fly budget, fly Tiger.




Yay, I got new hot flask! Warm warm coffeesss in lectures, here I come!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my god, this took so much longer than I expected! Hah! He's already back for a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment