Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Notebook

The Notebook

Every single fucking time I watch this romance film, I have never failed to use up at least one packet of tissue. Not sobbing, but pure tearing. I'm not afraid to admit that I do tear freaking alot. OTS can vouch for me.

I have watched the film for about 5 times, everytime I watch it, Noah just seems to remind me of OTS. Not the abs, not his man boobs, not his face, but the stuffs he said to Allie and the way he behaves.


"Will you stay with me?"

"Stay with you?! What for?! Look at us, we're already fighting!"

"But that's what we do! We fight! You tell me when I've been an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you've been a pain in the ass, which you are! 99% of the time! I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. There're like a two-second rebound thing, then you're back to being a next pain in the ass."

"So what!"

"So it's not gonna be easy, it's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work this everyday but I wanna do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, everyday."



My long distance relationship is so goddamn fucking hard. To you guys who think it's funny to spend on phone bills, air tickets and international calling cards, get this: I have a whole lot of admiration for my boyfriend. Fights or no fights, he has NEVER failed to call me at least once a day to spend time with me and talk to me. He is always so damn determined to solve every single problem which I always try to run away from. He calms me down and makes me go through it rationally. He is the one who has managed to keep us believing that we are doing what we think is worth it. Out of the 18 months I've been with him, I've only seen him for five, but these are enough for me to know that it's a relationship that we both know even if it fails eventually, we tried our freaking best. And isn't that what love is all about?

I've seen people who think we're doing something that is not worth it, people who think LDRs don't work. Yeah, I know, given a choice, I wouldn't want a LDR. It's totally off-skewed the word 'easy'. But that's what I'm caught in, and I am gonna make the most out of it. I can't hug him when I know he's upset. I can't even SEE that he's upset. So I feel. It takes practice, but baby, I think..


I'm getting there.




=)


A little note: Watch the goddamn film to appreciate what you've got in life.




No comments:

Post a Comment